Sangrita Fish Tostadas

CarterQ

Reposting this entry from the weekly contest, the recipe is posted in the recipe section:

Had a hankering for some seafood last night so we decided to try some fish tostadas with a Sangrita sauce. I ususally do this with red snapper but snapper didn't look so great so I subbed cod. Here we go:

Got a couple of cod fillets and hit them with garlic olive oil and a Mexican seasoning blend.

b1991305.jpg

Onto the smoker @225 for about 40 minutes

a213fe1e.jpg

About halfway through basted with Sangrita sauce (Blend of Tomato juice, Orange juice, lime juice, grenadine, and hot sauce. Usually used as a tequila chaser)

ed2bb311.jpg

Ready to go

1d4c4d52.jpg

d83f66c8.jpg

Flaked the fish in a bowl and removed any bones still hanging around

7cb0f599.jpg

Added fresh Cilantro, Green onion, lime juice, and Jalapeno to the fish mix

c03dd408.jpg

Tostada time, start with a layer of black beans, add the fish mixture and sangrita sauce, sprinkle a little jack cheese, top it off with fresh sliced avocado and tomato.

37d55d8e.jpg

08087b0b.jpg

d2ae0ecd.jpg

These came out great, there are tons of versions of this recipe floating around and it is really easy to make it your own with different twists.

sparky

what TH said up above. i making these for half time with green margaritas. i am going to serve a different food for each quarter.

cowgirl

and Pacifico too...... Carter, will you adopt me please? I won't take up much room. lol Looks fantastic!! :)

Top Bottom