Any Q in the Mid West this week?

ht01us

Talked to my son in Chicago; sounds brutal cold. My sister in Texas says the temp dropped from 80 to 20 in just 12 hours. The news shows blizzard conditions from Oklahoma City to Portland, Maine. Even some snow in Texas!

Anyone out there running their pits in the elements. If so, my hat is off to you!

I'm glad I'm in Oregon; cold (for us 40 is cold) but no rain!

TentHunter

No Q here for the next couple days at least. My smokers are in the back yard iced over and begging to come in! :(

We started getting hit by this storm last night. I know Deb got hit today too. What's bad is knowing that the worst part of this storm is just now starting to hit us. Its freezing rain now and then 18" or more of snow expected for our area. They're warning of possible power outages from Ice on power lines.

So, if you don't see any posts from us snow belters for a day or two... come dig us out!

Rip

Yeah, bad stuff! Were on the NW edge of this monster storm, only had freezing rain all day Monday, five or so inches of snow today, with snow continuing into tomorrow am with winds to 35 mph....still a walk in the park compared to the weather Tent and folks further east from us are expecting. Glad I smoked the chickens for tonights enchiladas last sunday!

Deb

No Q planned here

No Q here for the next couple days at least. My smokers are in the back yard iced over and begging to come in! :(

We started getting hit by this storm last night. I know Deb got hit today too. What's bad is knowing that the worst part of this storm is just now starting to hit us. Its freezing rain now and then 18" or more of snow expected for our area. They're warning of possible power outages from Ice on power lines.

So, if you don't see any posts from us snow belters for a day or two... come dig us out!

Not too bad yet, but like Tent the worst is yet to come. Weatherpeople have been saying get your flashlights, generators, etc ready because they anticipate power outages here also because of ice. My husband moved the gasser closer to the deck door but I'm not sure that I remember how to use it.

The plow guy was here earlier and he & his helper have snacks to help get them through!

KimG SOW

We got 1/2 inch of ice yesterday (literally slid down our drive way) and now have a least a foot of snow with drifts up to 4 feet. Winds are 30-40 mph.

I would say no Q, but Andy is teaching a class on Saturday so we have to dig out and get the Q-Kitchen out of the garage.

And I-70 is closed from KC to St. Louis!!!!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I had to put a sweater on the 12th hole at 4 pm today...

Seriously I posted another thread about this...What the heck is going on? This has been a crazy winter!

CarterQ

Man can't even imagine what you are going through right now, stay safe guys and we'll be praying that your power stays on and the plows keep rolling.

Ssteppe

We lucked out a little in middle Indiana - projected over 1" of ice, but only got 1/4" (plus sleet on top). Schools and businesses are all shut down, but could have been worse.
I considered firing up the smoker, but the lights have flickered 2-3 times - I'm afraid of losing electricity in the middle of a cook.
So we got out some leftover Christmas smoked turkey from the freezer.

ht01us

We lucked out a little in middle Indiana - projected over 1" of ice, but only got 1/4" (plus sleet on top).

1/4" of ice covered with sleet is LUCKY? :eek:.

You are definitely a glass-half-full person.
Hope you keep your power!

Top Bottom