I'm still new to pellet grilling.
This weekend I thought I'd practice grilling whole chickens on my Trager Texas pellet grill. I plan to brine 2 chickens and then cook them as follows:
1. One whole chicken on a beer can
2. One whole chicken "spachcocked"
I figure that by doing a chicken each way I can maybe tell which method I (and my family) like best.
The plan is to brine the birds and then put on the pellet grill at 225 deg. until done.
1. What size chickens should I get? 4#?, 5#?, 6#?
2. About how long should it take to cook them at 225 deg?
3. If both chickens are the same size, will they each take about the same amount of time to cook?
Any other suggestions?