Frozen Butt Bowl..

squirtthecat

Pork Butts were 1.29/lb this week. Time to get busy.

6 in the office freezer.
4 more in my upright freezer. (yeah, I know.............)
And 3 I picked up on the way home.

Send%2520To%2520Picasa2.jpg

The usual suspects... (and numb fingers)

Send%2520To%2520Picasa3.jpg

14 hours later... WA LAA.

Send%2520To%2520Picasa4.jpg

The MAK butts came along a few hours later. All piled in the Nebraskan Cambro stack.

Send%2520To%2520Picasa5.jpg

Pull, pull, pull, weigh, package, pull, pull.

Send%2520To%2520Picasa6.jpg

Last 4 went on around 1 this morning, and finished around Noon. Lots of grease...

I need a nap!

Send%2520To%2520Picasa7.jpg

Chili Head

I like big butts I can not lie!! :D
Awesome load of butts squirt! Your office workers gotta be thrilled you work there!

sparky

dude, you have a serious problem. lol. thats alot of butts my friend. we need to get you a pork puller thinging.

squirtthecat

Her Spaghetti and Patty Melts are pretty good. I'm not a quesadilla fan. Too much cheese.
I don't mind pulling them by hand. Only takes a couple minutes per butt. Then I can pick out any undesirable looking pieces/parts..

Just inventorying the freezer.. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to haul all of this to the office tomorrow. I might just put 3 big coolers in the truck and load it now. Heading into the 20s tonight..

squirtthecat

Load 'em up!

It's headed into the 20s tonight, so I opted to load my truck now instead of 5:30 tomorrow morning. :eek:

The players...

IMGP7972.JPG

4 down the front left side hold 4.75 lbs each. 6 next to them hold 5 lbs each. The 3 across the back (4 lbs, 4.75 lbs and a hefty 9.5 lbs) aren't frozen, as they will go on the lunch line tomorrow.

After a bit of ciphering (and trips up/down the attic ladder), I came up with this.

6 into the Cambro.

IMGP7975.JPG

The rest into my big rolling Igloo cooler. I jammed some towels around the buckets to keep everything in tight.

IMGP7978.JPG

Oh, and you can't serve 67 ( :eek: ) pounds of pulled pork without a bit of..

IMGP7979.JPG

Carter13

I agree with you squirt as far as the hand pulling. I bought the bear claws and used them for 30 seconds before aborting and dawning the gloves to pull with my hands.

squirtthecat

Usually out of convenience... I don't have room in the fridge for a load that size.

If I pick them up from the store on a Friday, I'll put them on thawed. (I live 30 miles from the store these come from)

Tatonka3A2

Holy cow!! You have some lucky co-workers.

I would have never thought that you could but them on the smoker frozen. That is good to know!!

Top Bottom