where is everybody buying their pellets?

ewking53

The Traeger pellts suck, the Green Mountain pellets are 90% oak. The barbequer's delight pellets are pretty good, but I have to drive 30 miles to get them. I found some online from Oregon called Bear Mountain that are really good but the cost is a dollar a pound plus shipping. I just found some from Washington state that are 100% hickory or other woods and I bought 40 lbs. I mixed them with 40 lbs. of the Green Mountain pellets but couldn't tell much difference. I will try using the hickory pellets by themselves next time and see if that makes any difference.

KristenBPS

We (Big Poppa Smokers) sell BBQRS Delight pellets $40 per 40lb bale and for pellets we dont charge shipping!!!! Delivered to your door:).

Tatonka3A2

We buy Lumberjack pellets and very happy with the smoke. Hickory, Cherry, Maple and Oak are all 100%. The other flavors are 40% the flavor (Mesquite, Apple, and Pecan) and 60% oak. We really like the BBQ Delights and we order the flavors that we can't get through Lumbrejack - for example the charcoal and peach.

EEman

I like BPS, but there is a local manufacturer (Camerons) here that has a pretty good product. How do you know that Green Mountain pellets are 90% oak? I have not seen any break down of ingredients for any brand, but maybe I have not been paying attention.

Ed Brady
Colorado Springs

I order bbq delight in bulk from BPS and it is a great deal. I don't have to leave home! You will use it faster than you think!

KyNola

The Traeger pellts suck, the Green Mountain pellets are 90% oak. The barbequer's delight pellets are pretty good, but I have to drive 30 miles to get them. I found some online from Oregon called Bear Mountain that are really good but the cost is a dollar a pound plus shipping. I just found some from Washington state that are 100% hickory or other woods and I bought 40 lbs. I mixed them with 40 lbs. of the Green Mountain pellets but couldn't tell much difference. I will try using the hickory pellets by themselves next time and see if that makes any difference.
Be careful with those 100% hickory pellets. Some pellets grills don't like them a lot and they will fill your firepot with ashes. Don't ask me how I know what I just typed. :)

muebe

I have a local supplier that sells me Bear Mountain pellets for $15 a bag. He carriers all the flavors and is about a mile away from my house ;)

Pappymn

Good feedback on the Lumberjack pellets. I hope to make them my main pellet due to local availability. Mak2 is scheduled to be delivered Monday.

Jables

I just drive 200 miles and across a border to pick up bbqers delight. He was clearing out old bear mountain for 9.50 a bag, had to grab a few while there.

skeeter09

How does that smoke come out from the oak pellets MSUsmoker. Online it says that oak pellets give out a good amount of smoke and have a great smell but dont leave too much taste on the food. Whats your experience with oak?

skeeter09

Have you noticed with the bear mountain pellets getting a ton of ash in the burn pot? I did two 4 hour smokes with Bear Mountain Apple and I got a ridiculous amount of ash in the burn pot. I tried the GMG brand pellets and almost nothing. I just bought bbq'rs delight and going to see what the results of that are.

So Cal Smoker

Just pick up the phone and call BP. Two days latter pellets are at my door, $1.00 per lb or I think $.80lb or $.85lb for bulk order (480lb). Easy Peasy.

firehouse_bbq

BBQ Delight from BPS all day long. I have also used LumberJack (the blend) and really like it too when I can get them. I have also cooked with a ton (literally) of Traeger pellets, and they are ok too! Prefer BBQ Delight! Always 50/50 hickory and apple.

JD McGee

I found a local dealer in Woodinville, WA (10 miles from my house) that sells BBQr Delight for $14.50 per 20lb bags...$13.50 for 5 or more...$12.50 for 10 or more. Big Poppa's is the best online price I have found...

jimsbarbecue

BP almost all the time. When you drive a one ton truck you can't drive to far to save $5 a bag and like Kristen said BPS drops at the front door.

sparky

Just pick up the phone and call BP. Two days latter pellets are at my door. Easy Peasy.

this is what i do also. alot easier for me also. use to drive 30 minutes and load 200lbs in my truck. drive home, unload. i'm just don't want to do that. i just pick up the phone, talk to kristen. 2 days later on door step. son carries them to backyard. way easy pezy. ;)

Top Bottom