What the skinny on the A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker?

HogSmoker

I believe some on here have the tube smoker. Using this on a pellet grill how much of a smoke difference taste do you get? Guess what I'm trying to ask is does it make a big difference in the smoke flavor of the meat. Or does in work better in cold smoking?
Thanks for any info.

HS

Chili Head

Testing mine out now. I'll get back to ya.
46e1a918-c955-c454.jpg

sparky

i use it to cold smoke stuff.

ribsribsribs061.jpg

ribsribsribs062.jpg

ribsribsribs065.jpg

cold smoking some tri's

ribsribsribs075.jpg

ribsribsribs151.jpg

ribsribsribs159.jpg

yo dude, drop one of those on the ground.

ribsribsribs146.jpg

Chili Head

46e1a918-ce70-2d69.jpg

Ive done thousands of ABT's and figured these would be a good way to test the smoke tube. I used to do them in my Bradley electric smoker and I got a strong smoke taste using that. The MAK puts out a less condensed smoke for a milder smoke profile. The smoke tube gave me a heavier smoke taste for sure. I only filled it a quarter of the way full for an hour of extra smoke and It did not dissapoint! If you want more smoke flavor out of your pellet pooper buy one of these from BigPoppa.

Last edited:

GA Que

Just ordered the 18" this past Friday and got confirmation it will arrive this Friday. Excited to give it a try!

Smokinman88

Mine works great, used it this weekend on ribs and chicken then smoked some salmon. All of it turned out better than expected.

squirtthecat

Ditto.

Mine (a surprise gift from Sparky - Thx pal!), added a whole new layer of smoke flavor to some chicken & ribs I had on the MAK. Well worth it! MrsSTC said it was the most flavorful chicken yet.

TentHunter

I recently cured & smoked 5 pounds of homemade Kielbasa and started with a cold-smoke using the A-Maze-N Tube smoker. Later I switched to a hot-smoke by firing up the grill to smoke mode.

It had as much smoke as any smoked sausage I've done the old-school way. The taste and color were both incredible incredible.

The Tube Smoker and pellet grill make a great team.

sparky

i love my 5 x 8 for cold smoking steaks and tri's. the flavor is fantastic on beef. going to be excellent for cheese. i need a good vacuum sealer. thats what you should sell BP. a good vacuum sealer. i could use one. :cool:

GA Que

Just a quick question! If I decided to cold smoke some sort of meat for that extra smoke flavor or cold smoking some cheese before turning on the MAK, do I just light up the tube and close the lid or does there need to be any sort of circulation. I know this sounds like a dumb question but just want to make sure I'm doing it properly. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Chili Head

You don't need to run the MAK the smoke will find its way out through the vents. I'm smoking some cheese now in 90 degree heat and the cheese is fine.

46e1a918-d7fa-ed4c.jpg

46e1a918-d807-53b1.jpg

46e1a918-d819-6a03.jpg

cowdog

I just ordered a Tube Smoker from BP an hour or so ago! Got the 18" in case I want to do a long cold smoke. Can't wait to try this on ribs, steak, everything really.

Chili Head

Ga que I would start out light on the extra smoke until you figure out how much smoke you're looking for. The tube really adds a lot of smoke flavor. Maybe start with filling the tube 1/4 full.

JeremyY

I received mine today and can't wait to try it out!

What are you all doing with your tri tips? Are you cold smoking them then cooking them at a high temp for shorter time? I have been reading up on them lately and am planning to head out this week to find some. Just wondering what would be the best way to cook them...

Top Bottom