First time using the Amazing Tube Smoker..

ajstrider

So I just put the two boston butts on the smoker. Rubbed them with some vegetable oil and Head's Country Championship Seasoning (first time using this rub, but it smells and tastes delicious so I am excited for that). I am also using apple wood BBQer's Delight pellets for the first time too along with an Amazing Tube Smoker filled about 2/3's with the apple pellets. I don't normally experiment this much at one time, I normally prefer to just change one thing each time, but what the heck, it is part of the fun! Pictures and taste test to follow.

ajstrider

Here is the setup on the Traeger.

100_1044.jpg

ajstrider

Well after about 3 hours, the tube is about burned out. I only filled it about 2/3 of the way to start with, so the four hour time seems about right on the 12" tube. I was cooking at 180 degrees during this time.

ajstrider

Turned out to be the best pulled pork I have had yet! The smoke flavor travelled deep into the meat and was delicious. The Head's Country Championship Seasoning is delicious too, my new favorite. Success!

TentHunter

Way to go! I love hearing success stories.

We got 5+ hours on our 12" tube smoker using the BBQ'rs Delight Cherry Pellets.

SmokinMAK

OK, so you all have my curiosity piqued. I placed an order for a 12" from BPS today. As much smoke as my 2 star cranks out I'm not sure why I would need it - but I'll have it when I figure it out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom