2 Star Smoker Box

MAK DADDY

Look what MAK Daddy went and did now... :) If you love cold smoking or want more warmer storage room here is the accessory you have been waiting for.

16W x 20T x 21D Outside
Each Rack is 250sqin, hanging height is approx 23"
Ships with 2 racks and 2 hooks
Available 12/21, MSRP 599.00

SmokerBoxProto1.jpg

SmokerBoxProto2.jpg

SmokerBoxProto3.jpg

SmokerBoxProto4Shownwithoptionalgrates.jpg

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

More options. Very nice. Can it stay on permanent ?

Yes, you can just leave it on if you want or take it off for cleaning or storing.
I don't recommend hauling the grill around with it on as it can get a little heavy on that end and could tip if your rolling down a steep ramp or something.
We made it out of Aluminum so it's very light for the size of it at around 30lbs.

The K in MAK designed it, pretty proud of him!

Last edited:

Pappymn

Yes, you can just leave it on if you want or take it off for cleaning or storing.
I don't recommend hauling the grill around with it on as it can get a little heavy on that end and could tip if your rolling down a steep ramp or something.
We made it out of Aluminum so it's very light for the size of it at around 40lbs.

The K in MAK designed it, pretty proud of him!

Awesome.....nice job K

RickB

Have you done any testing as to what temps we will see in the smoker box? I would think they would be lower than in the main chamber.

MAK DADDY

Just like the warmer box there will be a range from approx 80 degrees to 225 degrees depending on the set temp of the grill and the ambient temperature outside.
I added a vent in the back/top that can be adjusted manually by sliding to let heat out as well.

MAK DADDY

Some answers to questions I have been getting.
You can safely add 70lbs of food in the smoker box in a stationary position.
We are making pans for holding foods in the box as a warmer as well as perforated ones for smoking things like nuts that otherwise would fall through the grates.
The smoker box has 5 slots for grates or pans.
You can add 15 hooks, they slide out in the front so you can remove food (like sausage) without fiddling with stings etc.
Smoker Box is Aluminum with a powder coat finish. The rails, vents and racks are all stainless steel.
You can leave the existing grease pan and rack inside the grills warmer/smoker box if you wish.
Gravity holds the box in place so it is not meant to be mobile with the grill, remove before hauling your grill around.
Food hanging height is 20" with no grates in place.
The thermometer has a range of to 0 to 250 degrees.

Top Bottom