Precooked Boneless Turkey Breast

DolphinLvr

Hello all!

I recently picked up a precooked boneless turkey breast at costco and was wondering what your thoughts were on cooking this on the MAK.

My thoughts were to run MAK on 225 with Mesquite pellets, Rub the turkey breast down with some olive oil and add rub, smoke it till internal temp hits 170.

Thoughts?

scooter

Assuming when they precooked it, they added salt, pepper etc? If not, I'd add something like Desert Gold, jalapeno season salt, LLWP or Yardbirds. You don't need to run it to 170IT, it's already been precooked. You only need to warm it. I'd run the MAK at Smoke for a period of time then up the pit temp until it's about 130-140IT which I'd consider "warm".
What does the package cooking instructions say to do?

DolphinLvr

Assuming when they precooked it, they added salt, pepper etc? If not, I'd add something like Desert Gold, jalapeno season salt, LLWP or Yardbirds. You don't need to run it to 170IT, it's already been precooked. You only need to warm it. I'd run the MAK at Smoke for a period of time then up the pit temp until it's about 130-140IT which I'd consider "warm".
What does the package cooking instructions say to do?

Package said to heat to 140

Top Bottom