Chicken & ABT's

M in MAK

It feels like I only post about chicken; but it's just so cheap & easy, plus it tastes amazingly good when smoked. 2 young chickens for under $12. I spatchcoked one and did the other whole. I smoked these for 2 hours, then I put the MAK to 400 until the IT for the breast was 170. For the ABT's, I used yellow and red peppers instead of jalapenos (to avoid it being to spicy for the guests that can't handle spicy). I pulled the ABT's about 45 min before the chicken for appetizers. Tasted great! I haven't been posting on here a lot but I'm going to try and come on here more and more with new cooks. Happy Smokin!
IMG_8176Edited_zps1c8e69ba.jpeg

IMG_8177Edited_zps35eb8b74.jpeg

IMG_8181Edited_zps2f7879f6.jpeg

IMG_8184Edited_zpsae5f6649.jpeg

RickB

It's all good dude! A question though. Why did you feel the need for the bacon on the spatchcock?just wondering.

M in MAK

There's no reason other than I had extra bacon and it wouldn't all fit. haha. So I just layed it on the chicken. :)

scooter

Good to see you posting again Matt! That looks like you're feeding a big group with all that or is that just for you?? :)

M in MAK

Thanks guys.
RickB: Let me know if you find an answer. because I can't. :)
Scooter: It was a big group but it was hard to share. ;P Does anyone else hide stuff in the warmer box to eat when no ones looking?? :D HAHA

cowdog

I had a gourmet cupcake not too long ago that had bacon on it. Very interesting flavor, I must say. Good stuff.

Top Bottom