I am alpeavey and I am building a food truck with a large pellet smoker behind.

alpeavey

We are building a food truck and adding a large pellet smoker behind, either on a trailer or on a porch on the back of the truck. The truck will be completely self contained as a commissary. We are planning to specialize in brisket Austin style but would be open to other beef products as well that may not require the long smoke times. I am going to Austin in two weeks to learn. What pellet smoker would you all recommend? I have thought so far I would buy an FEC Cookshack. Any arguments either way? I purchased a locally sold Treager to learn on and am about ready to buy what the truck needs. Thank you. Al

SmokinMAK

Hi Al,

I don't think you can go wrong with a MAK 4-Star on your rig. BP has one on his - search for 4 star and you'll find some pics. It should give you the room for large quantities of meat, and the pellet boss will make the process as automated as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpeavey

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will check it out now. I am not familiar with the smoker but will certainly consider it. Thank you.

Top Bottom