No Excuse not to enter the contest this week! Lurkers sign up ....

Big Poppa

Administrator
Its free money!

First place $25 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second Place $15 Store credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third place $10 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers

$5 credit to all other entries!

scott6049

Ribeye Steak and Homemade Smoked Sausage
First making the sausage

On to the MAK set on smoke

Ribeye Steak seasoned

Time to plate everything

This was my first time making sausage. I thought it turned out really good. Enjoy!

51Phantom

Greek Easter this weekend and my wife is Greek so I had to do a leg of lamb. Only had Boneless legs, I would prefer to to have a bone in leg.
The paste is a mix of garlic, butter and herbs with some salt and pepper.
I cooked the roast at about 325. I didn't get to smoke it at a lower temp first due to time restrictions on the day.
8cb62d0939248a9bc9c12b60246d8002_zpscb75345f.jpg

772713bb8ebc922d1dd08f781bb2ff5e_zps0fab8641.jpg

ad34657dd28b3740faf0ac37f6bd196b_zpsfa2bd155.jpg

91ff4d1e0b7c21056d7743673288db6f_zps58ee6db8.jpg

f8c27aea9ebe634f8344dffcd6bdfaaa_zpsd1968923.jpg

740cd8db87fc003cb41c8f039e475494_zps64764f02.jpg

ab106d4bfa4abb16b54a44e8a022eb38_zps19a113fd.jpg

d99a2b87eb9b944927d9e0a307fe8c44_zps11478514.jpg

TrickyDick

jimsbarbecue

Drumsticks and Pork Steaks

Just some simple drum sticks. First in the Marinade express with some Stubb's Chicken Marinade. Then onto the MAK at 400 until done . Which is about a hour.

DSC03313-L.jpg

DSC03317-L.jpg

DSC03318-L.jpg

Also did some Pork Steaks on the Drum using Pellet dust for added smoke

First in the Marinade express with Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. then on the drum at 245 for a hour. Take the pork steaks and in a foil pan with beer and bbq sauce. Used Big Moe's BBQ Sauce. Adjust the drum to 300. Cover the foil pan with foil and cook for another hour. Usually a little BBQ sauce is added at the end, not this time.

DSC03314-L.jpg

DSC03315-L.jpg

DSC03316-L.jpg

DSC03319-L.jpg

Last edited:
Pork Chops, Zucs, and Potatoes

Wasn't able to enter last week because I had to go to SoCal to get my new cooking partner, Colbie!

Haven't cleaned the MAK in a while, so spent some time this weekend doing a thorough cleaning. Then got her started up and smoking:

Started with some potatoes, Annies Garlic EVOO, and some salt:

Put them on the MAK:

Sliced some zucchini and seasoned with Annies Garlic EVOO and BPS Desert Gold:

Some pork chops seasoned with Smokin' Guns Hot Rub and Smokin' Guns Sweet Heat:

Everything on #500:

All plated up:

Thanks for looking!

Tatonka3A2

Pepper Jack and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops

For the pork chops here are most of the players... I was going to stuff with just the pepper jack cheese but Marty was seasoning up the WSM with a round of bacon so I crumbled a couple pieces of that to use as well.

Took the pork chop and cut a slit in the side to create a pocket. Added some pepper jack cheese, some crumbled cooked bacon, and then more cheese. Seasoned both sides with a light coat of BPS Jalapeno Bacon, and then the BPS Money. Then wrapped some of our homemade bacon around them to keep the stuffing in. Used some silicone grilling bands to hold the bacon around the pork chop. Onto the Yoder to smoke for 45 mins at 150°. There was MHC (blended pellet of Maple, Hickory, and Cherry) in both the hopper and the tube smoker.

Potatoes/Veggies were a cheat from the frozen section - added some butter, minced garlic and BPS Desert Gold to the pan and then onto the grill to cook with the pork chops.

Plated pic - all done on the grill including the dinner roll. That was a cheat too from the frozen section! :p

Sliced! See I did actually stuff those even though I didn't get a picture.

I wouldn't leave you without a close up shot!

Loved everything about this chop and will be doing them again, the taste was amazing!!

scooter

Mongolian Pork Chops

Looks like a pork chop dominated weekend!! Here's my absolute favorite chop hands down! Mongolian pork chops with a creamy sweet sour Chinese-style mustard sauce. To die for, really! Served with MAK roasted asparagus and oven roasted potatoes and onions.

The Mongolian marinade ingredients (recipe at the end): Hoisin sauce, sugar, Tamari soy sauce, sherry vinegar, rice vinegar, scallion, Tabasco, black bean chili sauce, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, ground white pepper, fresh cilantro, sesame oil. Mix together and put into a plastic bag with the chops for 6 hours.

French the bones

Put on the BPS drum with pecan wood and hickory pellets. We're going to do a reverse sear on these. Cook low at around 250 until the chops are around 150IT then over super hot coals for a few minutes to carmelize the outside.

Make the Chinese style mustard sauce: Sugar, Colemans mustard powder, egg yolks, red wine vinegar, creme fraiche.

Flip the chops on the drum

Chops are almost done so time to get the asparagus on the MAK. Seasoned with EVOO, Desert Gold and Jalapeno seasoned salt. Same seasonings go on the roasted potatoes

Chops are done so pull them off and let them rest while the charcoal get super hot for the reverse sear.

Reverse sear time!

Done, pulled and final rest

Plate it up! Drizzle some of the sauce over the chop... ooohh lala!!

I cleaned the wife's baby back bone also. So good. Seriously, make these chops, you won't regret it.

Mustards Grill Mongolian Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
6 pork rib eye chops, bones frenched
1CP Hoisin
1 TBS sugar
1.5 TBS Tamari soy sauce
1.5 TBS sherry vinegar
1.5 TBS rice vinegar
1 scallion, white and green parts minced
1 TSPN Tabasco sauce
1.5 TSPN Lee Kum Kee black bean chile sauce (Asian markets like Ranch99)
1.5 TSPN grated fresh ginger
1.5 TSPN minced garlic
.75 TSPN fresh ground white pepper
.25 CP fresh cilantro leaves and stems, minced
1 TBS sesame oil

Combine all ingredients and place in a plastic bag with the chops for 6 hours.
Smoke at 250 until 150 IT. Sear with super high heat for a few minutes until they get carmelized a bit. Rest for about 10 mins and serve.

Chinese-style Mustard Sauce
.5 CP sugar
.25 CP Colman's mustard powder
2 egg yolks
.5 CP red wine vinegar
.75 creme fraiche. Or sour cream, or whipping cream. I prefer whipping cream.

Put the sugar and mustard in the top of a double boiler and mix with a whisk. When all combined, whisk in the egg yolks and vinegar. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens to be able to coat the back of a spoon, maybe 5-10 minutes tops. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool. When cool, fold in the creme fraiche (or sour cream or whipping cream).

Last edited:

RickB

NIce Cooks...Tricky Dick a photo record....28 pics...we are going top trim the limit back to 12

He only put 5 or 6 per post! It wont make any difference ;) why don't we just ask everyone to keep them at a reasonable limit and keep them in one post. Lets say 15 pics per post one post per entrie. This would make it a lot easier to follow and to judge.

Last edited:

RickB

Ok I count seven entries so I declare this a contest. And the players are.

Scott6049

Ribye Steak and Homemade Smoked Sausage

51phantom

Leg of Lamb and Veggies

TrickDick

Cinco de Mayo Pork Tacos

Jimsbarbecue

Drumsticks and Pork Steaks

Norcal

Pork Chops, Zucs and Potatoes

Tatonka3a2

Pepper Jack and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops

Scooter

Mongolian Pork Chops

Some really nice cooks this week. We need to get some more entries though. It's summer time so let's all get cooking! So let's get to it. But before I do may I make one comment. There should be some balloon text above Colbies head that says "I drove all the way from LA to get smoked on a MAK? Just Damn!"

Third Place

Tatonka3a2. Very nice chops Tanya and no we never doubted you stuffed those! Nice Job!

Second Place

Scott6049

Beautiful meal. The sausage rocked the house! Well done.

First Place

Scooter

Nothing short about that meal! Those chops did'nt even need the sear. Can't find one thing wrong. Well maybe one...I was'nt at the table!
Perfect Dude!!!

Thanks for everyones participation and as always thanks to BP for the playground and goodies!

Last edited:

RickB

I believe the attachment manager limits attachments to 5 per post.

Remember that BP killed that? At my urging may I add. But let's not throw the baby out with bath water.
If you limit pics per post your just asking for more posts per entries. I edited a previous post on a reply to BP . What ya think?

Last edited:
Top Bottom