Yoder smoker

Ozric

All I can tell you is that, after owning a Traeger for 7 years, I'm replacing it with a YS640. I wish I could tell you more about it, but mine is scheduled to ship on Wednesday (the 31st). I should have it the following week. If you would like some detail on my experience and research, PM me, I'd be happy to share.

Norwood

Hey all, anyone have an opinion on the Yoder pellet smoker. Thinking of getting one, any info, pros & cons are sure appreciated !! Thanks !! ;)

I own two them. You will like them very much. Understand they will use a little more pellets than most pits but the food you get off of them is great!! The are very heavy duty and well made. Customer service is great. If you are getting the 640 make sure you get the second shelf for the inside of the pit. This will give you some more room to cook with.

MossyMO

Wife and I have had one since January of '12, been very happy with it. Love the fact it will go down to 150º, will sear steaks at near 600º and the cook chamber is constructed of 10 gauge steel which is a solid heat sink for steady temps.

flypig

I have loved my 640 since the day I owned it. I've had it just about a year and smacked the thermocouple with a grate while re-assembling after cleaning.

Customer service is great, they went the extra mile to ask what firmware I had on the unit and are sending me a thermocouple and programmer to flash to the newest version. Even though I was the cause of the thermocouple issue, they are still sending everything including return postage for free.

I agree, it does take more pellets to heat up the 300+ pound monster, but I've never had a complaint with anything that's come off it. At least it was just jerky that I was cooking when the thermocouple went. I finished in the dehydrator.

It does take a few cooks for the controller to get more precise. I average about 8-10 degree swing, I'm hoping the new firmware may tighten that up a bit.

flypig

All the above being said, I think I might still step up to a MAK later this year for the versatility and wifi.

Tatonka3A2

We have a Yoder and love it. That being said I am sure we would love a MAK as well, have always heard great reviews on them. Who knows maybe one day we will get a MAK as well.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom