Need some cleaning tips

SHarpGator

First, I'd like to know what, if anything, you guys do about the smoke stains on the rear of the grill.
6urepaqa.jpg

Then, I was also wondering about burned on grease on the flamezone pan and covers. I've been making some killer ribs and this weekend, a bunch of the drippings got underneath my foil onto the flamezone. The crud is not wanting to completely come off with elbow grease and/or chemicals.

I was thinking about putting the flamezone and covers in the oven and starting the self-cleaning cycle.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rangda

I just tried some dawn grill cleaner on mine and it did wonders taking the grease/smoke off the stainless. For the flame zone if you are impatient run the grill on high for a bit and you can get it off with a chisel or paint scraper. For the insert the flame zone sits on and the grease channel I use a chisel. The drip pail I don't clean, I put a pickle jar in it and replace as needed.

For the grates I recommend a billy bar or something similar, I try to avoid brushes as I always worry about the wires coming out of the handle and honestly the scraper style cleaners like the billy bar work better if you have round grates.

So far the most annoying part to clean has been the front of the cover; smoke builds up on the inside of that and flakes off which is not good eats, but you have to take it off to get it really clean. I pull it shut over my hand and run a scouring pad lightly over it but it's a pain.

TrickyDick

Greased Lightning works pretty good on smoke stains but isn't perfect. also works really good on the SS in general.

Ditto on the front of the cover here.

TD

SHarpGator

Here's a follow up.

I put the flame zone in the oven and put it on auto clean.

It was perfect. Rinsed the dust off with a hose. This seems like a great way to clean the most difficult part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

navretsmoker

Was thinking the same thing as I was performing my initial seasoning and seeing the smoke stains form, I use Bar Keepers Friend for my stainless cookware with a blue scrubby pad, scrub with the grain of the metal and no scratches, should work, anyone else tried BKF? They also make a liquid form, sort of like soft scrub, though not as harsh.

SmokinMAK

I kept my old 4 burner gasser and will crank it up to burn off grates, drip pans, etc. works great! Hit them with a Wire brush afterward and they are ready for duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom