Bacon or BBQ books

Meat Man

I've only purchased a few BBQ books. I think the best was Wicked Good BBQ. The only curing and sausage book that I have was given to me by my Grandfather 20 years ago. Heller's Secrets of Meat Curing and Sausage Making, it's out of print, but worth the money. Hard to believe you can still find them. Check Amazon Books.

Last edited:

TentHunter

I'm going to have to check out that Heller's book.

The classic standby for charcuterie books is "Great Suasage Recipes and Meat Curing" Rytek Kutas. Another good Sausage book is Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes and Instructions" Stanley Myrianski. It contains the actual Polish regulated sausage recipes that made them famous for sausages.

TrickyDick

I'll second the recommendation for Rytek and also the Marianski book.

Personally, I preferred the Marianski book, though the Rytek book is more approachable and easier to read. The Marianski seems more up to date and definitive in the specifics. Both have lots of recipes, though Rytek's is supposedly more vetted, whatever that's worth, with respect to historically accurate sausages.

If I only had a single book to buy, it would be the green Marianski book "Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages", but hey, since you're stocking up, by them both!

aside - still havent taken the dry cure cabinet plunge. Just acquired an old fridge and tempted to modify, but for some reason am holding off. Have ALL the gear needed to make the transformation as well.

TD

Top Bottom