Mak 2star vs. Cookshack (fast eddie)

Ducaticraig

Fast eddie what? Pg500 or Pg1000? I had the Pg1000 and sent it back for a MAK 2 Star. There was one thing I absolutely loved about the PG1000 and that was the Charbroiler side. That side of the pellet grill was great and the steaks cooked over the charbroiler side were excellent. That was the sole reason I went with the PG1000 at first.

I personally did not care for the controller though I never gave myself enough time to play with all the different HHT and LHT adjustments. The grill is well insulated so in the summer don't expect to smoke under 200 degrees F. As for cons, it's hard to say. I never was able to get use to using the 4 different cooking zones. Being I only had the pg1000 for 25 days did not give me enough time with the grill.

Now my experience with the Mak. LOVE IT. The quality of the meterials used to make the grill are first rate. The Pellet Boss controller is the best on the market. To me, nothing comes close to the Pellet Boss controller. Having the ability to cook with indirect and direct heat and the ease of tearing down the grilll to clean is as simple as it gets. Mak Grills thought of everything when they built this grill. Even being able to switch out pellets is a breeze. Then there is the cold smoking side of the grill or also know as a warmer box. I used it to smoke cheese and nuts and loved it. Mak has many accessories you can use as well. I purchased two griddles and made some really good eggs, bacon, and hash browns. Cooking Breakfast outside was very nice. As for cons on the Mak 2 Star, there really are none that I can think of. I will dig deep down to pull out one thing that is not really a con and most people will think of it as a Positive and here it is. I was in the Maeket for a Yoder and when you compare the weight of a Mak to a Yoder the Mak is light as a feather. I would have liked to see the Mak have a little more weight or girth. I just happen to like the tank like build of the Yoder. With that said, the Mak not weighing much should not really be a con. :)

Fast Eddy grill was not all that bad, it's just the Mak 2 Star seemed so much better to me. So after using both grills I believe the Mak is the way to go. Good luck on your purchase. PM me if you want to talk more about either grill.

Also Big Poppa (Sterling Ball) can tell you everything about the Mak series of Grills. Contact Big Poppa Smokers and they will answer any question you may have to help you make the right purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
I really cannot talk about the Fast Eddy...I dont like the person or the company so I will leave it at that...I can tell you abpout the MAK ...it was designed by a man Bob Tucker (MAK Daddy here) who deeply cares about advancing the American Made Pellet cooker...He doesnt forget the past users as he makes these improvements....Most of his innovations have been copied by the others...

As for the weight of the MAK I think Craig is way off..There is nothing flimsy about a mak it was designed using cutting edge manufacturing techniques and materials to make a incredible machine Bringing up the weight is like wanting your Porsche to weigh the same as your dads Buick....

The thing Craig hit on is the essence of pellet cookers....Most pellet companies buy their controller from a third party...the MAK is designed and made by them...ground up the heart of the machine is theirs....Search the forum you never hear of controller issues with the MAK.

Ducaticraig

Come on Sterling, I never said the Mak was flimsy. I'll leave it at that. Good comparison on the weight talking about cars. I'm sure a person in the market for a grill might care about the weight one way or another. Again I never called the Mak flimsy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom