Optional Top Rack Question

gleek48

I am thinking about upgrading from a Traeger Lil Texas Elite to either a MAK 2 star or a Memphis Pro. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see any of these grills in person.

Are these grills materially larger than the Traeger?

With the top rack, can a whole, uncut chicken fit underneath the optional top rack?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have cooked on all of them...the MAK has true capacity...I just got another grill to evaluate ad they claim tons of room but they are ver small mini shelves...great for a potato but not much else...the when you get the extra rack for he MAK you are truly doubling your cooking capacity

alecksjaycubs

Couldn't agree more. One of my first cooks was two pork butts and 3 St. Louis ribs up top with a full brisket on the bottom. Honestly if I would have moved the brisket off center I could have made room for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alecksjaycubs

Definitely get the top rack, but pop for two half racks. Way easier to fit into a sink for cleaning. The single rack is too large for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoDakSmokerGolfer

I will second the two half upper racks... I wish I had done that instead of the now full rack... But still love the upper rack... Very handy.

Top Bottom