Seeking MAK Probe Advice and more

sptucker

I have the standard M3 that came with my MAK 2 Star, but would like at least one more. Is the armored M3 worth the extra $20? I'm trying to think of a time when I would need to monitor temp when the machine is above the standard M3's limit, but I figure I will only use the probe for alarms and PB program switching when doing long cooks, probably never for grilling/flame zone cooks...

My grill deal came with a cover, Wifi, and 2 upper half racks. I plan to order a griddle and searing grate from BPS in the next week or so. Any other must-haves?

Thanks!
Paul

TentHunter

YES, it is most definitely worth the extra 20 bucks, and then some. The Armored probe is unbelievable heavy duty.

onionhead

Agreed, very durable!
Scooter (or anyone else), do you know if the magnetic clips that store the iGrill probes will work on the MAK probes. They are all magnetic, clip onto each other, and the probes are protected. Great storage idea for the probes. Do iGrill probes work on the MAK? I did some grilling this past WE with my son on his Traeger (formerly mine), and he used the new iGrill probes. I really like the way they are rolled up and magnetically clipped together.

MAK DADDY

Scooter (or anyone else), do you know if the magnetic clips that store the iGrill probes will work on the MAK probes. They are all magnetic, clip onto each other, and the probes are protected. Great storage idea for the probes. Do iGrill probes work on the MAK? I did some grilling this past WE with my son on his Traeger (formerly mine), and he used the new iGrill probes. I really like the way they are rolled up and magnetically clipped together.

MAK Probes are made from 304 Stainless Steel so they are not magnetic.

onionhead

onion, since your son has them, why not borrow one and see if it works?

That was my idea, too, but we live about a 1,000 miles apart. MAK Daddy, I know they are SS, I have three of them. However, they have a magnetic coil to wrap the probe & wires, and then the magnets stack together. It is a good idea for storage.

MAK DADDY

I see so the magnets stick to each other and not the probes. Whatever you do make sure you take care not to kink the cables and keep them dry.

Top Bottom