MAK Super Smoker Box Users?

sptucker

There are a couple of older (1+ years) threads on this, and I tried to revive one a few days ago with no luck, so I am going to try a new thread. :cool:

For you folks who own this accessory, please chime in with your thoughts after owning it for awhile.
Do you use it often?
What for (examples)?
Likes/dislikes?
Is it worth the $$?

Thanks a ton in advance for your inputs!
Paul

Big Poppa

Administrator
I end up holding food in it the most...but I love it and am getting ready to make a boatload of jerky and nuts again

jimsbarbecue

Like BP we use ours a lot for holding food. Smoking almonds I just love. We make our own smoke salt with ours. Great for smoking cheese too if you like that. It is also great for adding extra smoke to food.

JD McGee

We are adding the Super Smoker Box to our arsenal this year...we'll keep you posted on how it performs for us in competition use...:cool:

I have not been around for a while so I'm late to the party, but when I bought mine I got the smoker box at the same time.

While I also use it for holding foods to stay warm, I also use it for home cured/smoked bacon.

I will never go back to store bought bacon again.

sptucker

I have not been around for a while so I'm late to the party, but when I bought mine I got the smoker box at the same time.

While I also use it for holding foods to stay warm, I also use it for home cured/smoked bacon.

I will never go back to store bought bacon again.

So, are you cold smoking your bacon, then, and at what temp? I have only done hot-smoked bacon, but am willing to give it a shot. I've done a LOT of reading, so not TOO worried about botulism. :) But, I agree that home-made is the only way to go!

I'm seeing a ~100 degree difference between the smoker box and the main unit. A pleasant surprise for me is that the built-in thermometer on the Super Smoker Box is within 5 degrees of a Maverick probe inside the box.

It really depends on the outside temp.

I only do bacon during the cooler months so the box temperature is usually in the 60 to 65 degree range.

I was just smoking something in the main chamber and it's 60 degrees out and the box was at 80 degrees. That's probably the maximum I personally would want to do my bacon at.

Top Bottom