2016 Mak 1 Star

Mds2004

Nota mak 1 star but I just received my 2016 Mak 2 Star last weekend and love it. Granted I am new to pellet smoking but it has been working great. I don't think you could go wrong with the Mak 1 either. I almost bought that but after upgrading for options I wanted it came close enough to the Mak 2 that I made the jump.

So fwiw with my limited experience I think you would enjoy it.

mt.man511

Mak 1 star

Nota mak 1 star but I just received my 2016 Mak 2 Star last weekend and love it. Granted I am new to pellet smoking but it has been working great. I don't think you could go wrong with the Mak 1 either. I almost bought that but after upgrading for options I wanted it came close enough to the Mak 2 that I made the jump.

Thank's for the reply this will be my first smoker also i'm looking for a more true smoker than needing it to grill and probably never cold smoke so since they enlarged the 1 star and added a lot of upgrades from previous models i think it will be the one for me it really came down to the controller i want to be able to put a brisket on around 12 am and let it go in smoke mode for a couple of hours and the kick up the temp while i sleep, oh did i say i'm 65 and lazy.
I lived in Bakersfield from 1979 to 1984 really loved it there.

Goosehunter51

I would love to come by and see your 2 star, I live in the NorthWest.

Mds2004

I live in NW as well near Liberty HS. Let me talk to the wife. I may have to have you look at it when she is out as she is creeped out with the whole Internet thing and meeting people.

Top Bottom