New MAK 2!

sptucker

Well... after discussing for a few months, I wound up selling my 2013 MAK 2 to a close friend for a great price. I give up my favorite cooking machine ever, but will teach him everything I know about pellet cooking and he will, of course, start out with the last pellet grill he will ever need!

A bittersweet transaction, but the sweetest part is I ordered (through BPS) and received (directly from MAK) a brand spanking new MAK 2! So you are not quite rid of me around here.

Observations:
- The packaging from MAK was impressive and efficient. Everything was individually wrapped/bagged and there were no missing pieces.
- Took me 2 hours to assemble the new unit after getting it unpacked and moved to the deck. Everything went together flawlessly, but I took my time and made sure it was just so. The build quality is absolutely superb, as expected!
- My existing front shelf fits perfectly on the new machine.
- My existing Super Smoker Box fits perfectly as well -- this was an early concern as there was some misleading website verbiage regarding 2014 SSBs not fitting on 2016 MAK 2. This has been corrected. Thanks Katrina at MAK, and BPS.
- The smoker drawer lid is held on by 5 screws and nuts. My old one was permanently riveted. Removing the lid makes for a much cleaner looking unit with the SSB installed.
- The SSB fitted cover looks waaay better than my old non-SSB cover -- Thanks Jessie at BPS for double-checking my cover order!
- Love the new clean-out door and integrated grease/ash drawer! It gets windy enough here that the previous tiny bucket got to rockin' and a drop or two of grease would get blown onto my deck...
- Wifi install was a piece of cake. The Pellet Boss cover is far easier to remove -- having the pellet door hinged on the other side of the hopper is pure genius.
- My Wifi worked perfectly the first try and I never had to bug Matt!
- Burn in was quick and painless -- The Flash Fire igniter just plain rocks! Can't wait to do a real cook.

Anyway, I am one happy camper! Thanks to Jessie at BPS and Katrina at MAK for making my purchase utterly painless.

AND, thanks to MAK for making the best pellet smokers on earth. :D

Paul

Last edited:

TentHunter

Congrats on your new MAK, Paul. I am excited for you and can't wait to see pics of it in action!

P.S. Be sure to invite your friend, who bought your old MAK to come on board with us here!

sptucker

I've already told my buddy about ps.com. We'll see if he signs up...

Meanwhile, here's the new lovely (looks like I need to wipe some grease off the SSB...):

SmokinKat

Whoo hoo!! Glad to hear you're enjoying some of the new features and changes!!

Have fun-- always enjoy seeing your cooks!

Top Bottom