MAK new style flame zone

jimsbarbecue

New Style Flame zone is best change to date for MAK Grills!

In the past weeks we have cook just about everything with the new style flame zone from slow smoking at 225 to high heat grilling at 500º. It shows they did their homework at MAK as this is right on right out of the box. Temp is well balanced over the grill surfaces. The grill zone is left to right rather then front to rear, which we have grown to like. if you have ever considered a MAK grill, the time is now to order the 2017 from Big Poppa Smokers. We tried to find something not to like about this and cannot. It uses less fuel,Not sure how, but a great added bonus!

All this Chicken cook at the same speed. No biscuit test here I care about meat.

Basketball_2017_00797-X2.jpg

Smithfield Pork meat loaf. the old flame zone was a little hotter in the right rear. Not the case with the new one

Basketball_2017_00791-X2.jpg

This steak is with the MAK set at 425º if set to high our MAK shows 500º

Basketball_2017_00782-X2.jpg

Quadman750

Cadillac of cookers right there. MAK does a great job of their engineering, they do not prematurely bring out improvements until they are perfected. I want one.

Chasinsparks

Pretty excited, finally will get to use the New Flame Zone (2017). The build/design looks so promising, just from the looks of it, Mak hit another home run! If I had one suggestion, and I'm not sure if I'm smarter than their engineers, but I think the slots in the flame zone cover for the tool to lift them out when hot will be missed, but that is a small price to pay for what seems to be a much better system. I will be doing two Ducks tonight to put it through its first test.

MAK DADDY

If I had one suggestion, and I'm not sure if I'm smarter than their engineers, but I think the slots in the flame zone cover for the tool to lift them out when hot will be missed

Thanks for the feedback. We agree but due to the weight of the panel in the sideways configuration as well as the back one being so far away it didn't work very well. Have fun with the new system, its a bit of a learning curve from the old style.
You should update your Pellet Boss to V3.2 (if you are not already), it helps deal with the reduced pellet consumption more efficiently :)

Chasinsparks

Thanks for the feedback. We agree but due to the weight of the panel in the sideways configuration as well as the back one being so far away it didn't work very well. Have fun with the new system, its a bit of a learning curve from the old style.
You should update your Pellet Boss to V3.2 (if you are not already), it helps deal with the reduced pellet consumption more efficiently :)

Thank you very much, I figured you smart guys/gals had a reason for not including the slots, I love the new system it is simply amazing. Lucky for me I had only done one cook on the old system so this is likes starting from scratch, I do like how it is all enclosed, btw the ducks came out amazing.

Thanks again

Top Bottom