Daniel Boone - Cooking on the upper rack?

Tom Jones

I need to cook for a large number of people on Father's day on my GMG Daniel Boone. I would like to cook 2 briskets and as many St. Louis style ribs as possible.

Has anyone tried cooking on the upper rack? Is it possible to stack ribs vertically in a rack on the upper rack while cooking a couple of briskets on the lower rack?

What is the best configuration to cook as many ribs as possible while cooking 2 briskets?

One other option is to cook 2 briskets, then put them in a cooler. When the briskets are done, cook 7 ribs in the GMG rib rack. I've never put a brisket in a cooler for that long but it should work.

Givint

jims barbecue, thanks for answering OP's question but that's definitely not enough, especially for me who's searching for hgh for sale... anyway, OP, i see some time have already passed since you've asked that, could you update if you found answers to those questions as i'm now wondering pretty much the same. im quite sure you did found something, and i would really appreciate your insight!

Last edited:

Tom Jones

jims barbecue, thanks for answering OP's question but that's definitely not enough... anyway, OP, i see some time have already passed since you've asked that, could you update if you found answers to those questions as i'm now wondering pretty much the same. im quite sure you did found something, and i would really appreciate your insight!

Here is what I found:
  • I cooked 2 briskets at the same time and put them in a cooler. That turned out great. I have an old cooler and it was able to keep the brisket warm for a very long time.
  • You cannot fit the rib rack on the upper rack. The curve of the lid makes it too small on the upper rack.
  • I laid ribs flat on the grill, then put in the upper rack and laid more ribs on the upper rack. This was a mistake, the upper ribs dripped grease onto the lower ribs and almost ruined the lower ribs.
  • Since then, I have used the GMG rib rack and cooked 7 ribs at the same time. There were no problems with that and it went perfectly.

Top Bottom