MAK 2 Star Inaugural Cook!!

rzrbrewer

Since it was Tuesday and my Hogs were playing in game 1 of the CWS final, I figured what better time to test out the new MAK's FlameZone grilling abilities. On deck was a SRF wagyu bone-in strip steak, along with a few low carb sides.

NVNIPy9.jpg

The new beauty assembled, seasoned, and ready for action.

BOqimem.jpg

SRF wagyu bone-in strip, seasoned simply with Q Salt, smoked for ~10 minutes @ 275°, finished over the FlameZone until done to my liking.

604dW2n.jpg

Money shot.

D7QtzWK.jpg

Sliced and finished with a little Maldon Sea Salt flakes.

bs3SeKz.jpg

Lets don't forget the sides. Grilled asparagus, bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed w/ cream cheese & cheddar, & smoked sausage.

mquc6AY.jpg

Plated. Bone Apple Tea!

All in all, I was very impressed with the grilling ability of this beast and so far, extremely happy with my purchase! Can't wait until this weekend to put her to the low n slow test with an SRF brisket & 2 racks of Kurobuta spare ribs...thanks for looking!

rzrbrewer

Thanks @wolverines!

@MAK DADDY...I didn't cook last night so that's what I'm blaming the loss on! Tonight I'm cooking ribs...WPS!

TentHunter

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but I'm glad I saw it now. That all looks fabulous. I love doing poppers that way! Try some topped with a little sausage too.

Nice first cook for sure!

Salmonsmoker

Look awesome !
The MAK's always seem to be too small compared to the competition in similar price ranges. Am I the only one who thinks this?
Cheers

There's plenty of room in my 2-star and I looked at the competition before taking the plunge. Perhaps you're not taking into account what's "under the hood".

TentHunter

Look awesome !
The MAK's always seem to be too small compared to the competition in similar price ranges. Am I the only one who thinks this?
Cheers

Salmonsmoker said:
There's plenty of room in my 2-star and I looked at the competition before taking the plunge. Perhaps you're not taking into account what's "under the hood".

Salmonsmoker is exactly right! Grate size is only PART of the picture when it comes to actual usable cooking area. The lid design and head room are the other half of the equation. A barrel-shaped lid, for instance, limits how far out taller foods, such as pork shoulders, can get to the front & back edges, and whether or not it can have an upper rack and how big that upper rack can be.

MAK's have a deceptively small footprint, but can hold a lot more food than you think. The lid design and cook chamber's head room allows you to literally double the cook surface area with a full upper rack.

Here is 70+ lbs of pork shoulders (4 whole shoulders plus a picnic) I recently cooked for 170+ band kids and staff, loaded into our MAK 1 Star, and you can see there was still room for more.
l4w4L1TKThc0BJxDMlmi_qnv3DYCwQMQDVpxQgkmpIWMATQt2CZmnuPDM1jBZ8pWuR33M8A1TK0yrFZB5exjgoxsUCuOXggQugs3luDKcOWQ_vmpsWoCCAXz0GvMe-c0UyDVHfgxMVcnGDN4h0CMryKiPvqEUxawZl2iLQRfNCO_oyq64HL8FUYBA3PlntyTh8qjj-2ZLuPi3sPfZnPsLucFfb3cjv_CIkgqnsYuECi_AqAvnLxBxdnha6fIpW6KMH_NYeRvFZIq4cGqyBFufIygXD9aDt-Xm4NwkklUjE4lwp5GAVIWQH3p9Ir1JPvKVXrdKiRSLMjNtPHs55_0eoyRecUISwCa7a-3KYzxtJfmCvK_UOOmytQef6VsQ-D0bryGXuCPHUrILiV2tfTMmD0HKyjh45s6q7JmW9aCfg6vE1pMYr-R3IoJawD9o67J_-i0hWPWd_Gl50H4w6yS1qc3D9juA-lJPu78iwyODtVaREvbp5v6EUGSOVDdB9vIMhB12AZF3k_NUqZxVOpGaVaAu7RRFPZvZMg-B7b_bUD659mk-jaewJG3G41vas-14k1E3-k_DGY0SPWZ7BtBRc-4PET4mClor0oTdAUp3HtvRQSPUIq5dXKGbPWkJyo=w740-h554-no

I can also easily fit 80+ pieces of chicken in our 1 Star.

Top Bottom