Bacon Hangers & Super Smoker Box

cardmechanic

Anyone have a good hack to hang bacon hangers in the Super Smoker Box?

Ideally something that would keep the forks close to the top to maximize the length of belly that could be hung.

@MAK Daddy this would be a great accessory. *cough* hint hint *cough*

cardmechanic

The smoker box has hooks that slide in the upper rail system, is this what your talking about?

Those hooks plus the standard hanger
baconhanger.jpg
cost you about 5" of space in the box. I guess I can just cut the hanger "?" top off and hang the loop on the hooks to reduce the space lost.

cardmechanic

So I did some modding and came up with a solution, just need to pick up a couple stainless steel clamps and I'll post a photo.

Even with the hook removed, using the hangers with the top loop lost too much space. My plan is to put the bottom of the hanger in the hook and clamp the top loop to the hanger. Will work perfectly then.

sptucker

So I did some modding and came up with a solution, just need to pick up a couple stainless steel clamps and I'll post a photo.

Even with the hook removed, using the hangers with the top loop lost too much space. My plan is to put the bottom of the hanger in the hook and clamp the top loop to the hanger. Will work perfectly then.

FWIW, I use the exact same hanger you showed (with the ? removed). I stab the bacon slab about 4" down from the top edge and hook onto the hanger at the loop. I lose hardly any space to the hardware...

Top Bottom