First Country Style Ribs...Yummmmm...

NorCalQ

Well, I finally got around to smoking some country style Ribs on the MAK. I had no idea how good they were or I'd have tried them sooner! I cooked them pretty much like ribs, only at the end, I probed for tenderness.
They eat like little rib steaks...so meaty, fatty and moist. To me, they are like a cross between pork ribs and a chuck roast. I really do think I like these better than ribs. Thanks so much to you guys who went before me and showed me how to. Please take a look...

TentHunter

Oh yes... Plate me up PLEASE!

I know what you mean about possibly liking them more than regular ribs. I love 'em!

rwalters

Fantastic cook! I’ve seen those at the grocery store/meat market a million and one times, but have yet to buy/cook. Now you’ve got me thinking I am missing out on something. They are typically cheaper than regular ribs to, right? How much were those per/lb.?

NorCalQ

Fantastic cook! I’ve seen those at the grocery store/meat market a million and one times, but have yet to buy/cook. Now you’ve got me thinking I am missing out on something. They are typically cheaper than regular ribs to, right? How much were those per/lb.?
Glad you're going to try them. I felt the same way...till I tried them. Couldn't tell you how much they were /#, but for all those ribs, it was $7.00 and change. I'll look closer next time and there def will be a next time. Thanks for the props.

sptucker

No argument here. CSRs have been a staple on my grill/smoker for at least 30 years. I used to get the bone-in variety, but switched to boneless back in the 90s... Try marinating them in some Italian dressing for an hour or two before cooking, then slather with BBQ sauce at the end. You won't regret it...

I have seen those many times in the store and just walked by. Now you have convinced me that I have to try them! Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom