Soon to be in New Hampshire

audiojan

Always loved cooking food (actually went as far as going to culinary school in parallel to getting a marketing degree) and with moving lots, getting a good smoker has never really been in the cards. Until now... we've bought our dream home in the amazing state of NH and with that, I just placed the order for a MAK 2 Star.

Outside of food, we also collect wine (and have been doing so for many years). We also race duathlons (me) and triathlons (my wife), plus I love music and high-end audio (listening right now).

Can't wait for the MAK to arrive and the first few cooks on it

Ditto!

It's hard to think of someone competing in triathlons and coming home to smoke a pork butt!! LOL

Welcome though. Lots of great people and knowledge on this forum.

mcschlotz

You are going to love what MAK does for food, be it smoked or grilled! Simply the best one can get.
Welcome to the forum, from Indiana!

audiojan

Ditto!

It's hard to think of someone competing in triathlons and coming home to smoke a pork butt!! LOL

Welcome though. Lots of great people and knowledge on this forum.

Race to eat, eat to race! :)

If you think about it, it's about the perfect marriage. Set up the smoker and go out for a long bike ride then come back home and the food is ready. Couldn't be more ideal!

audiojan

So far, smoked chicken breast (overcooked it and learned to keep a close eye on the temperature), boston butt (overcooked as I didn't account for the rise in temperature at rest), brisket (was too generous with the rub and it became very salty, although it did retain the juice quite well), ribeye (smoked and grilled, came out nice!), hot smoked salmon (came out perfect and a big hit for New Years!), another batch of smoked and grilled chicken breast (super juicy and absolutely delicious!).

audiojan

New world or old world wines?

Both. We have a decent wine cellar with both some French wines (Bourgogne, Chat. Du Pape, Bordeaux, Alsace), and quite a few Sonoma (definitely prefer Sonoma over Napa!). There's some Spanish, Italian, German, some from Finger Lakes, etc.

ADC

Just getting into BDX but back filling vintages that are ready to drink now is getting expensive. Burg is out of my price range.
We are more Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford but do enjoy RRV Pinot

Top Bottom