Anything New

Haven't really seen any posts here for a while. Are there any new innovations/improvements coming in 2019 for MAK grills?

MAK DADDY

I know we have been swamped here :) I will try to get back to the tech talk posts here shortly, hope everyone has had a great start to the new year!

I live in Indiana and there is a patio show coming up at the Indiana State Fair Grounds in mid March. Will there be any MAK grills at this show? Or, Do you have any dealers with displays in the Indiana or Indianapolis area? I know Memphis is going to have some grills at this show. I'm just wanting to see some grills in person.

Also, I see the MAK is on sale right now. Any info on what is coming for what I am assuming is a new 2019 MAK 2 Star?

Last edited:

rwalters

Here’s a list of what’s new on the 2019 MAK 2 Star:
-Roaming thermocouple.
-Increased cooking capacity with 2 extra slide-in grates (great for things like jerky).
**this is the only thing that will not be retrofittable because of all the additional hardware that would be required.
-K-style meat probes.
-Updated firmware version for the Pellet Boss controller.
-Heat governor set from 500* to 600*.
-Updated controller and firmware.
-Grease overflow port.
-Changed a few design issues to make it easier to clean.

sschorr

One feature I believe made it into the PB's software is how the PB behaves if it loses Wifi. Currently, the PB will default back to SMOKE setpoint if Wifi is enabled and being used. The change would leave the PB's setpoint at whatever temp it was set to. This is a big deal for me as I pretty much stopped using my (expensive!) Wifi option as my MAK reverted to SMOKE (180-ish) during a couple of long cooks.

turbov6camaro

Here’s a list of what’s new on the 2019 MAK 2 Star:
-Roaming thermocouple.
-Increased cooking capacity with 2 extra slide-in grates (great for things like jerky).
**this is the only thing that will not be retrofittable because of all the additional hardware that would be required.
-K-style meat probes.
-Updated firmware version for the Pellet Boss controller.
-Heat governor set from 500* to 600*.
-Updated controller and firmware.
-Grease overflow port.
-Changed a few design issues to make it easier to clean.

dang, kind of wondering if i should have waited for the 2019 model now.

mcschlotz

The good news, you've got a great piece of equipment on the way, AND just about all of the newer stuff can be retro fitted, minus the extra grates. Don't sweat the decision too much, you'll love what the MAK is going to do for you. :cool:

Matt

turbov6camaro

One feature I believe made it into the PB's software is how the PB behaves if it loses Wifi. Currently, the PB will default back to SMOKE setpoint if Wifi is enabled and being used. The change would leave the PB's setpoint at whatever temp it was set to. This is a big deal for me as I pretty much stopped using my (expensive!) Wifi option as my MAK reverted to SMOKE (180-ish) during a couple of long cooks.

Can you confirm the fw version for this? Or is this only for the 2019 modles?
I have 3.2 on my 2018

Josh@MAK

Current version is either 3.44 or 3.45 I believe. The most recent firmware seems to be very dialed in and resolves the MGM issues that have been so frustrating :)

The current version is 3.44 and does indeed seem to solve the issues that a small number of MAK Grills Mobile users were experiencing.

Top Bottom