New to the Pellet Smoking Game

Igneous629

Hello all,

I've lurked here awhile now, but I finally purchased a Mak 2 star and I'm ready to start posting pictures of the good food it churns out. It's simplicity and versatility makes me wish I had bought one earlier. I still have my Webber gasser and WSM, but we will see how long I end up keeping the WSM. I like having the gasser for a quick sear after low and slow on the 2 star. I look forward to the future conversations. Cheers!

TentHunter

First, Welcome to the forum!

Is there a certain way to post photos? It doesn’t seem intuitive.

I agree the way the updated vBulletin software has for inserting photos is NOT very intuitive and just doesn't work.

Here's the manual way to post photos if you can't get the "Insert Image" button to work (this method is easiest with FireFox or Chrome - Microsoft makes it harder because right clicking doesn't give you the same menu options):

1) Open your Google Photo image so it's being viewed by itself (not as a thumbnail).

2) Right Click on the image and copy the URL/Image Location.

3) Go to your forum post, and manually type the BBCode image tags: [IMG][/IMG] - (be sure the second one has the slash.)

4) Paste the image URL in between the two image tags, so it looks like this:

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Y38rRb0iG9BpAjELoWuKw_dH7RQlOwxTzwIr7ABcYIt9dhv3wFq5ht-LYzI8hGv8n61MVveJXPUFONUAy0_epyrpRqFy_nymCtbOE8RuA6yW-A9n9TRGScSL5BdzElw581C9sI0pHkdzW0GHfnessxosX2ouX6vPKcuSI07D_tumB8vgHGUnZdRCCAMQJdipzrlg1PaS3BTTBDKf8K3qtKgaT2dFwR6JPGUstFk7cGf8TuNCSKteeiuZPGDSTSNfQn13mANnsaRVKaPEF6pExcbN6GRoRurRlVm1q6OmK6ADbYBamOkN5o-py3wYq__zQmhTfZzf9wzvatqDybV-gsfTNQORtRGGqfNVgqpYgDb1PI2E6NcQ-8naQN6yg_Eb-1c8dHH1dgsl0xvalv-HCz0HXJIbIvcVMkCrrpg6Jj7p2Hv4LJsOmOTuw-WSEOytqSBlihQUZPBn5qbJVEZ6haphZsVOBfIDck8zHG3nENVXSMpHURy46wfGu-yEMRBYk9XZMilYH_0QWr3rc1Qkh0WG1eLjfKs1kW35YLLJz-YYQ5if_IqU1zhKi4iX08eUVlJfEWDoqtkgqsNiHyk7X1AfSxSgIi_N9dlkk4A=w640-h480-no[/IMG]

Google Photo URL's will be LONG, but that's OK! Only you will see the URL/Link. Once it's posted the image is what shows up.

YakHooker

Welcome, new myself to the Mak and 2 star. Two smokes under my belt and its amazing. Enjoy and cant wait to see your future posts

Top Bottom