Does GMG Pizza Attachment Fit 2 Star?

rwalters

If you look at the Q&A on Amazon, it's made to work ONLY on the Green Mountain grills. I'd imagine that it does a great job with pizzas! That said, the MAK equipped with the Funnel Flame Zone is no slouch when it comes to making pizzas. Something that just jumped out at me when looking at the GM pizza attachment... it comes with only a 90 day warranty... what's up with that... lol.

nileriver

If you look at the Q&A on Amazon, it's made to work ONLY on the Green Mountain grills. I'd imagine that it does a great job with pizzas! That said, the MAK equipped with the Funnel Flame Zone is no slouch when it comes to making pizzas. Something that just jumped out at me when looking at the GM pizza attachment... it comes with only a 90 day warranty... what's up with that... lol.

I suppose I would have to get the flame zone to try it out! That being said, some of the reviewers have luck with it fitting on their Traeger's, so I was wondering about the Mak.

rwalters

I suppose I would have to get the flame zone to try it out! That being said, some of the reviewers have luck with it fitting on their Traeger's, so I was wondering about the Mak.
Perhaps it would fit on the MAK... but from what I read over at Amazon, it clearly states that this unit is made only for the GMG grills. Amazon has a great return policy... guess there's only one way to find out for sure ;-)

sschorr

I don't think it will fit. Looking at the dimensions, it is smaller than the MAK. The MAK is 19.5" deep, 22" wide and 14" deep. This device is 18" wide by 13" deep. It also says 3" tall, but that does not seem to match what this looks like.

Also, it really looks a lot like the new Flame Zone the MAK uses now, sans the FZ total cover and diffuser plate. It is almost like taking those two elements out of the MAK, leave the main grates in place, and use a large pizza stone or large pizza steel on top of the grates. Same design at that point.

Assuming you still want to try, to use this as designed, you would need to take the whole Flame Zone cover (not just the removeable ones) off, as well as remove the diffuser plate above the firepot of the MAK. Perhaps there is a way to jury rig support. Also, I have no idea how the Pellet Boss would handle temp control. Most of the feedback on Amazon have you setting the GMG to some temp between 250 and 400 - I cannot figure how the GMG would measure it's internal temp as it looks like the pit needs to be uncovered to use this device.

If you try it, I'm sure we'd all love to know how it works out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom