2 questions

turbov6camaro

Hello

enjoying my MAK 2 star!

2 thing i have noticed

1. I smell like smoke after i use it, and it burns my eyes lol. duh, but is there a way to turn the fan off when you open the lid? it really suck to open the lid and then the fan turn up and literally blow smoke in your face, sometime i have to stand back for a minute witch just lets heat out..

2. Is there a way to change it so when i plug it in it powers on?
why ?
because then I could turn on with my smart home "google turn on the grill" and set it up with my phone ;)

i find 99% of the time i have it on "smoke" at least an hour to start anyway, I admit i have NO IDEA how to use the controller because i use my phone 100% of the time.

MAK DADDY

Hello

enjoying my MAK 2 star!

2 thing i have noticed

1. I smell like smoke after i use it, and it burns my eyes lol. duh, but is there a way to turn the fan off when you open the lid? it really suck to open the lid and then the fan turn up and literally blow smoke in your face, sometime i have to stand back for a minute witch just lets heat out.. No, the fan must always run to feed the fire with O2 :)

2. Is there a way to change it so when i plug it in it powers on? No, because someone would turn it on forgetting the cover was still on. Same reason we don't have a "power on" switch on the web app.

why ?
because then I could turn on with my smart home "google turn on the grill" and set it up with my phone ;) Agree that would be cool, but look at it this way, you still have to prep the brisket then go put it on the grill :) Besides its best to make sure the grill is clean and has plenty of pellets etc.

i find 99% of the time i have it on "smoke" at least an hour to start anyway, I admit i have NO IDEA how to use the controller because i use my phone 100% of the time.

Glad you are enjoying your MAK! See answers above in text.

turbov6camaro

is there a reason the probe hole is so close to the door? i have lost one probe (non mak) already and i suspect its from rubbing with door open and close

is it possible to put a hole on the right side?

MAK DADDY

is there a reason the probe hole is so close to the door? i have lost one probe (non mak) already and i suspect its from rubbing with door open and close

is it possible to put a hole on the right side?

Yes, it is so the hole isn't openly exposed to the outside. We have never heard of that being an issue with probe cables as they are all stainless braided. As long as you don't close the lid on top of the cable you should be fine with it in that location.

We would not recommend adding any holes in your grill.

Top Bottom