Black Earth Hybrid Grill Questions

Loren

Hi

I’m brand new here. A couple months ago my wife got me a Black Earth Grills Stainless Hybrid Grill in Natural Gas. I’ve been having some issues that I would really hope not to have in a $3000 grill and wanted to see if anyone here had any experiences with Black Earth products either good or bad.

The grill looks great and is very well made. The concept is great in my opinion but I think there may be some flaws in the execution that really limit this device.

My main problem is that it doesn’t light reliably. I follow their procedures by emptying ash from the burn pit then turning on the pellet dial to the desired temp. The spark igniter sparks but then the gas flame often fails to ignite. When the gas flame does ignite it often fails to light an actual pellet fire. I have checked the pressure of the gas supply and had a tech from a local fireplace store come out and all seems fine but it still fails to work. The people at Black Earth are very responsive but haven’t been able to do much over the phone. Has anyone here had similar problems?

So that is my main problem and I’ll leave it at that for now. I have other concerns with the execution of the grill that I want to get people’s thoughts on but I wanted to ask about this issue first. Thanks for any thoughts, info or experiences.

Stainless Hybrid Grill – Natural Gas | Black Earth Grill

Loren

rwalters

Hi Loren- Unfortunately, not only do I not know the answers to your questions... but I’ve never even heard of this make/model til seeing this thread. Looks like a nice grill and I do hope that things work out for you!!! :)

Loren

Thanks for the reply and the well wishes.

Hi Loren- Unfortunately, not only do I not know the answers to your questions... but I’ve never even heard of this make/model til seeing this thread. Looks like a nice grill and I do hope that things work out for you!!! :)

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I too have never heard of this brand, so I'm off no help with your situation.

Top Bottom