Burger Techniques

Taeter

Used to be the way I cooked burgers was to crank up the gas burner, throw on some frozen patty’s, and flip em til they are dry.
I’m thinking this technique is unsatisfactory on a 2 star.

So how do you do burgers? Upper or lower grate? Flame zone covers on or off? To sear or not to sear? Do you give em a little smoke first?

What is your favorite technique?

TentHunter

You can grill your burgers with the FlameZone (covers removed) just as you would a gas grill, but that's NOT my favorite way to do burgers on the MAK.

I like to load up a cookie sheet (or three) with ground beef, season and toss it in the MAK at around 275° and let them ride until they are done. You can top with cheese, partially cooked bacon, grilled onions, etc. near the end.

This method is perfect for parties, family gatherings, etc. No flipping, no baby sitting, etc. and talk about a great smoked taste!

Taeter

Thanks TH I’ll give that a try.
Got some brats too.
Prob throw the brats on the upper grill and the burgers on the lower.

Btw cooked a couple butts and they turned out awesome! Thanks all for the tips. Bark was really dark even with foiling. One of these days I’ll figure out how to post pics.

They come out well over the flame zone as well as over lower temp. I don’t put on cookie sheet, but can put on MAK grates or grill grates for direct grilling, or cook on one of the regular grates. They always one out great using a thermapen for measuring IT.

Taeter

Went with the cookie sheet method. When they were almost done I pulled the flame zone covers and left the burgers on the upper grate while raising the grill temp then gave em a nice sear. They ended up a little over done for me but perfect for the wife.
Still juicy not dry.

TentHunter

Went with the cookie sheet method. When they were almost done I pulled the flame zone covers and left the burgers on the upper grate while raising the grill temp then gave em a nice sear. They ended up a little over done for me but perfect for the wife.
Still juicy not dry.

Did you use individual patties, or fill the sheet with ground beef?

Top Bottom