Just boguht a smoker

eurovw89

Hey everyone.
I'm new this site and smoking. Just bought a Camp Chef SG which arrived yesteday.

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers or suggestions for a greenhorn or any MUST have accessories?

Regards,
Jeff

dubob

Welcome Jeff. Best advise is to just start searching and reading on here. There are lots of interesting forums/threads on this website that contain very good information. I am new to pellet grills myself, just having bought mine in February. I'm using it at least once a week and loving the results. If you know how to send PMs, send me one and I can give you some other pointers about where to look for more information.

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum.

Like Bob said, start digging into the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions!

A good place to start might be the Hall of Fame Recipes section. It has lots of good stuff and tips in it.

eurovw89

Welcome Jeff. Best advise is to just start searching and reading on here. There are lots of interesting forums/threads on this website that contain very good information. I am new to pellet grills myself, just having bought mine in February. I'm using it at least once a week and loving the results. If you know how to send PMs, send me one and I can give you some other pointers about where to look for more information.

Thank you will do

eurovw89

Welcome to the forum.

Like Bob said, start digging into the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions!

A good place to start might be the Hall of Fame Recipes section. It has lots of good stuff and tips in it.

Thank you I will check out the Hall of Fame

scooter

Welcome to PS.com! And agree with Tent to check out all the great recipes and advice already available for you! Good luck!

Congratulations on your new smoker and welcome! I recommend watching Big Poppas videos to speed up the process:

bigpoppasmokers
- YouTub

Scroll through all of them because some of the best are the earliest.

I also like Malcolm Reed from how to bbq right on YouTube as well.

jeff_g

Hey everyone.
I'm new this site and smoking. Just bought a Camp Chef SG which arrived yesteday.

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers or suggestions for a greenhorn or any MUST have accessories?

Regards,
Jeff

Congrats on purchase!

We bought Camp Chef for my father, and I must admit that was a great purchase. Have a look at sear box. His has enough room for four ears of corn or six burgers, you can even crisp up your smoked wings or get some sauce caramelized on the ribs (in smaller pieces, of course)

Also, if you don't have it, I recommend you to get an instant read thermometer and a remote pit temp monitor that has WiFi or something you can read inside. That will make your CC set up and leave - do you chores/or relax and have a beer - come back later for perfect smokes!

I also like Malcolm Reed from how to bbq right on YouTube as well.

Twice that! This guy is awesome, so don't forget to check his channel.

Top Bottom