Pit Boss vs Z Grills

bballcoach17

Im in the market for a pellet grill. Do to budget constraints this is what I have narrowed it to. Looking at either the pit boss classic or the z grill 7002e or 7002b. Ive read alot of reviews on both but was hoping to hear peoples personal experience on here. Also it seems i can buy either of them cheaper on amazon or at a big box store. Is there a reason for this? Are they built cheaper than if I go direct through the company? Any input is appreciated from all. Thanks in advance.

TentHunter

I know a few people who have the Pit Boss, and while it does not compare to a MAK in build, features, etc., it seems to be a decent mid-grade pellet grill that'll let you get into the world of pellet smoking. I've never seen, or know anything about the Z Grills.

The quality should be the same no matter where you buy it.

Salmonsmoker

Im in the market for a pellet grill. Do to budget constraints this is what I have narrowed it to. Looking at either the pit boss classic or the z grill 7002e or 7002b. Ive read alot of reviews on both but was hoping to hear peoples personal experience on here. Also it seems i can buy either of them cheaper on amazon or at a big box store. Is there a reason for this? Are they built cheaper than if I go direct through the company? Any input is appreciated from all. Thanks in advance.

Welcome bball, the reason prices are usually higher at the manufacturer is to encourage potential customers to buy from retailers who will carry their products. If the manufacturer undercuts their own customers(the retailers) in pricing, there's no reason for a retailer to carry the product. Having one's products on display on retailer's store floors, increases market visibility and sales for their products.

Flingarrows

I had a bad experience with the Pit Boss 820. It could have been an anomaly, but I returned it after too many problems is 3 weeks.

Top Bottom