Grate level vs. elevated level

Finn

When you cook pork shoulder or brisket on your Mak are you cooking it on grate level or one of the three elevated levels. If you are using the elevated level, why are you doing this? Maybe better smoke circulation?

Thanks!

MAK DADDY

I put foil down over the grease pan for easier cleanup then smoke them right on the lower grate (unless smoking a bunch where I would need upper grates too).

Finn

Thanks! I’m looking forward using my new 2 Star General that just arrived today. And will be assembled tomorrow.

sschorr

Being very lazy and wanting to avoid cleaning the Flamezone top (essentially the "drip pan"), I almost always cook on my MAK 2's upper grate with a foil pan of some sort beneath whatever I am cooking. Using the roaming thermocouple, I clip it to the upper rack where I am smoking the food. A number of times I have used a disposable foil pan with a wire rack on top of it and cooked on the main rack. You get the theme - avoid having to clean the FZ top and no grease tray drippings to manage!

Finn

Thanks for the great suggestions. That roaming thermocouple is a good idea. My Mak is now ready for its first cook.

MAK DADDY

Thanks for buying an American Made MAK Grill, all of us here at MAK really appreciate your patronage!
We know you will love your grill for many years!

Top Bottom