Apple Smoked Apple Dumplins

cowgirl

f822673b.jpg

I Peeled, cored and sliced the apples into fourths..
sprinkled each layer with a cinnamon/brown sugar mix.. then topped with a bit of butter.

5ddd8ba2-1.jpg

Brought the pie dough up around the apple, leaving the top open.
Gave them a quick egg wash and sprinkled with more cinnamon brown sugar.

4a41b02b-1.jpg

Into the smoker with apple pellets for the smoke.....
They smoked at 275F for 20 minutes then I raised the heat to 300F to finish cooking.
The apple, butter, sugar combination makes a lot of juice so you don't want to move these around on the smoker... just let them sit.

I use a knife to test for tenderness..

c4335de9-2.jpg

ccbe7ca4-1.jpg

377d6a87-1.jpg

Topped with french vanilla ice cream, hot caramel sauce and sprinkled with pecans...

eb82a26a-1.jpg

f89ae6bb-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

TentHunter

If you haven't tried this recipe yet then you are really missing something! After seeing these on the BPS website we did these using some shortbread dough. Delicious!

It brought back so many many good memories of us sitting around the campfire with the kids sprinkling cinnamon & sugar on apples roasted on a stick.

Thank you Jeanie!

Hobbit

Jeanie, what kind of apples...Granny Smith or something else?

This looks great. Something that I want to do on 402.

cowgirl

Thank you Bill! Hope they turn out well for you. Have a great Father's Day too! :)

Jeanie, what kind of apples...Granny Smith or something else?

This looks great. Something that I want to do on 402.

Thank you Steven! I have used Granny Smiths and a few others. Golden Delicious were tasty too. Just use your favorite apple pie apple.
Hope you enjoy them Steven, let me know how they turn out! Have a great Father's Day. :)

Hobbit

I have to say that I made them and they were great! They didn't come out as good as yours but not bad for my first attempt. Learned lots...next time will be better.

cowgirl

Thank you Elva and Steiny!

I have to say that I made them and they were great! They didn't come out as good as yours but not bad for my first attempt. Learned lots...next time will be better.
Steven I bet yours were delicious!! Thanks... :)

Kite

Wow! Thanks to seanben for bringing this one back up so I would see it, and thank you Jeanie - these things look AWESOME! We will be making these to go with the ribs for tomorrow.

Patrick_CT

can these be made early and reheated? I would like to make something like this for a dinner later but think they need to be warm so would have to be reheated.

cowgirl

Hi Patrick, I have made extras and reheated them in the oven the next day. If you tent them with foil they won't over brown in the oven. Good luck with them! :)

Top Bottom