Cold Smoker

ITFD#15

Had a buddy make me a cold smoking box to use with my Traeger.
IMG_8757.jpg
[/IMG]

Not the best pic.
I plan on using flex vent pipe to run smoke in the bottom. It also has lots of room for racks and dowels for hanging stuff.

Planned on doing fish in it but was hoping to try doing other things like bacon or cheese.

ACW3

Rick,
I can't wait to see your setup in person next month. I will be missing my grill since we are heading to Scotland and England tomorrow for a week. I am expecting to be able to try some Hagus (sp?) while we are in Scotland, not to mention a wee dram of really good Scotch.

Art

scooter

Nice, I like that it's made of wood. What type?

Rick, I bet your garage smells great even when you're not smoking something!

ITFD#15

Thanks, (spruce) ya the garage does smell good its been like that for a while. I closed in my front porch with board and batten also in spruce barn board.
Napa when you are hooked up to the traeger do you change the p setting and what temp do you use.

Fishing is good on the Great lakes right now lots of salmon, rainbow and white fish so I was hoping to try a regular smoke and a cold smoke so now I am looking for some ideas on brines and the cold smoking process.
I could also be talked into doing some bacon with a little guidance.

chewy

that's a sweet setup, I also have a traeger with a cold smoker on the end, thinking about a mak 2 or yoder ys640. Having some problems with the e pac on mine.

Top Bottom