Food Tenderizing

ACW3

SIL,
I want to get one of the food tumblers, one of these days. I would use it primarily to speed up the marinating process, I think. It would be great for marinating jerky. Before I got my Jacard, I would marinate a piece of meat (like a flank steak) for a longer period of time with some alcohol added to the marinade. I have used vodka, gin, or bourbon to add their particular little flavor to the marinade. Lately I have gained access to a source of the "clear stuff" in a mason jar. Now that will tenderize just about anything!

I marinate the flank steak to use in my Tacos El Carbon recipe. The alcohol really makes the flank steak easier to slice thin, and I believe it even makes it easier to chew. I just thought of something. I wonder if injecting some marinade (with alcohol) into a brisket would help tenderize that enough to make a fast hot cook more successful? I'll have to try it one of these days.

Art

Rip

Hmmm, flank steak flambé :) (ok not really, you were talking about injecting not putting in a pan) Sounds interesting Art, keep us posted.

jimsbarbecue

I use both the Jaccard and a Marinade Express tumbler. Never at the same time . But I see I may need to try it on chicken breast. The Marinade Express I use on all chicken legs and thighs. Buy a pack do the whole pack. Freeze some for later so they are ready to cook when defrosted.

smoker pete

I have a Marinade Express and have used it on Chicken Drumsticks, Thighs, and Breasts to date. Saw where CarterQ used it on a Tri-tip. I need to try that.

Teriyaki1.jpg

So Cal Smoker

I too have a Marinade Express and use it for chic, ribs, shrimp, and Tri Tip. It makes everything very tender and your cooking time is cut by about 40%. If you have been on the fence about getting one, just do it, you won't be sorry. Oh, BP sells them.

Top Bottom