Strube Ranch Texas Wagyu Ribeyes ala MAK

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Most of you know that the next venture for Big Poppa is the Big Poppa Meat Locker site where we offer suberb beef from Strube Ranch. Strube Ranch is one of the largest Wagyu Ranchers and it is a fantastic operation that is family owned....So onto the Baseball playoff steak night.

Cut these almost 2"...they were as heavy as a small car. I coated them with Annies Garlic Olive 0il and then hit them with Lawrys seasoning salt and Mc Cormick Garlic Pepper.

Heated the MAK to 260 and let then smoke away....flipped them at 110...pulled and rested at 135. Was going to put grill marks on them but they looked so juicy and I was hungry so after resting 10 minutes it was a nome run....what a bad pun There were 5 of these beasts
IMG_0419-1.jpg

IMG_0421-2.jpg

(looks like a lot of seasoning but it works out perfect....
IMG_0422-3.jpg

IMG_0423-4.jpg

next thread for the money shots!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Strube Ranch Texas Wagyu Ribeye ala MAK

Here is the final two shots....Love how even the MAK makes them.
IMG_0424-3.jpg

IMG_0425-3.jpg

Also keep in mind these are camera phone pics.....Iwas too hungry and lazy to get the big boy out.

Ed Hurlburt

Damn BP, you sure know how to hurt a guy. 7:20 in the morning, and I'm drooling for some steak! Can't wait till you get your meat locker going so I can try some of these beauties!

SmokinMAK

SmokinMAK

"Steaks should be thick....and marbled" - I don't know if my Doctor would agree, but why should I start listening to him now? ;-)

Big Poppa

Administrator
We are knee deep in building the site. Hopefully early November. The beauty of this stuff is in the 'lesser' cuts. They are affordable and outstanding. I had some baseball cuts of sirloin that I gave my son and my daughter in law called and said "domyou have any more of those filets?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Guess What? They were so good and the people I served them from gave the the Strube Ranch Famous last words. "There is no way I can eat all this steak!......15 minutes later it's gone.......

Top Bottom