A Bittersweet Farewell to MAK 1 Star #171

TentHunter

UPS pulled up last Thursday to make a delivery.
2014MAK1.JPG

I have limited storage space, so as sad as it was and as much as I loved this grill, it was time to say goodbye to MAK 1 Star #171.

My good friend, Jason, decided to take it off my hands, so Saturday we gave it a good thorough cleaning before hauling it over to his house where he and his family will give it lots of love and attention!

What better way to say farewell than to show Jason how to use the grill and cook something special over at his house?

We stopped by the butcher and picked up the the rear half of a bone-in pork loin. I had the butcher cut the chine bone off then we finished de-boning it to separate the sirloin & tenderloin. Both got rubbed with some Maple Syrup, Little Louie's, & Red Pepper Flakes, then everything went on on the grill.
MAKFIN01.JPG

We pulled it off at an I.T. of 145° and while it rested we put on a dish of homemade sour cream & chive mash topped with some white cheddar & bacon bits.
MAKFIN02.JPG

The bones will get used later for soup.
MAKFIN03.JPG

MAKFIN04.JPG

MAKFIN05.JPG

It was like saying goodbye to an old friend, but I know it will get lots of use in its new home (plus I get to visit when I like). :)

That's too bad. Nice of you to give it to your friend. So what's going to be your go to grill now?

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

Really are you cooking on the stove in the house? Having two MAK grills if we had to I could get rid of one. To be without any MAK Grill I cannot imagine.

TentHunter

Seriously TH, you're gonna keep us in suspense?

Yep! LOL!!!

Seriously, I went to the my ENT doctor on Thursday and got a couple shots that absolutely knocked me for a loop the past few days. I am posting about the upgrade now. ;)

And scooter's right, I need to upgrade my signature. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom