Baggett Tube Pellet smoker.

ExhaustedSpark

Smoked for a solid 8 hrs nice (Blue)/ Thin smoke. If i load both sides i get double the
smoke. Still only 8 Hrs Solid. Pvc pipe is only to form shape. Unit is 16in. long and 2 in. ID.
TTl cost for tray .25cnts 2nd hand store.
PVC gets removed for using. They are only there for shapeing tray.

Last edited:

ExhaustedSpark

Fill with pellets and use hot air gun or propane torch to lite. After burning for a min or 2 blow flame out and let smolder.
Check out u tube for cold smoke cheese and you will find commercial tubes that will give info. You do just like a pellet tray or tube.

ExhaustedSpark

I am going to smoke some cheese tonight and i will take and post pict. tomorrow evening of unit smoking.
I am going to add a cap on one end.
Not realy needed but makes it easier to load.

scooter

The heat doesn't burn the PVC? If not burn, does it not release chemicals? I know there are lots of people who warn against reheating food in plastic containers in a microwave because the heat releases chemicals out of the plastic. Just wondering about PVC. I'd think there's better materials to build a smoker tube out of.

Salmonsmoker

Scooter, I think the PVC is just to form the tube in a tighter dia. than the original baggette shape. Then it's used same as an AMAZ-N tube.

ExhaustedSpark

Home Made tube smoker

Starting and letting it burn for about a min.
Blew out and now just smoldering with Lite smoke.
Let smoke for 5 hrs.
As soon is i find a 2 inck cap or plug i will be able
to adjust for amount of pellets.
:D

ExhaustedSpark

I was using as a tray but thanx to Todds Amazn tube i tried the tube form and it works pretty good.
.25 cent vrs. ??? I still am trying to save for todds tube though.

Top Bottom