Beef Roll Ups 'N Brussels Sprouts

MossyMO

Started with some beef bottom round cut extra thin from the butcher and marinated about 2 hours in a McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade.

-----

Sliced up some green peppers, mini sweet peppers, red onions and pepper jack cheese sticks for the filling.

-----

Rolled everything up together tight and secured the beef roll ups using some silicone grilling bands so that they stayed together on the grill nicely. (My wife did this part, she didn't like how I was rolling them up!)

-----

Beef roll ups and brussels sprouts with butter, garlic, and bacon grilling indirect at 350º

-----

Beef roll ups, brussels sprouts and garlic toast.

-----

Close up of the beef roll ups...

Thanks for looking!

RickB

WOW! I am so ripping this idea off! But I think I will take it in a different direction. Sauté the peppers and onions and freeze the cheese. Have the meat cut super thin and wrap the cooled vegies and cheese in the meat. Cut to the proper size for an egg roll wrapper and wrap it up. Fry till golden brown.Serve with super hot Chinese mustard. Thanks for the Idea! Great cook. I'll let you know how it ends up!

Last edited:

TrickyDick

Tried doing this with chicken breast once to make an inside out burrito, but they fell apart. Deep frying comes to mind. I did do this once with veal scallopine stuffed with cheese sage leaves and prosciutto. I love the beef version, and seems you could do a beef burrito with some larger cuts pounded thin.

Great idea!

Top Bottom