Brisket and Pork Loin

SeenRed

Smoked a small flat and a pork loin today.

The flat was just less than 4 lbs. Plenty for Mrs. Red and me...with enough left to chop for some leftover brisket sammies later in the week. I slathered some L&P Thick Worsty Sauce, then dusted with Little Louie's and Money Rub.

Rubbed the pork loin with Memphis Magic Dust.

Into the Rec Tec with Hickory pellets in the hopper and A-Maze-N Pitmaster's Choice in the Tube. I ran the pit at 230*.

2 hours later, and the pork loin is done...IT is 148*. Foiled it and rested for over an hour.

Lunch! Plated with some of Mrs. Red's tater salad.

Meanwhile, the brisket is coming right along. This is at IT 160*, right before the crutch.

Done! IT 208*...rested in a warmish oven for 1.5 hours.

Sliced and Dinner is served...on the good paper china. Very moist and tasty. Cut-with-a-fork tender.

Thanks for stopping by...

Red

SeenRed

Great cook Red! How did you like the flavor of that brisket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Matt! Brisket was moist and delicious! As good as any I've done in a while. The combination of the Little Louie's and the Money rub gave the bark just the right kick.

Red

TentHunter

I'm not a big fan pf brisket flat (I'm a point man), but I'll take extra slices of that pork loin. It looks good!

Plate me up some tater salad too, if you don't mind.

Big Poppa

Administrator
brisket flat is great...but you have to nail it. on the pork loin if you are going to foil and let sit for an hour pull it at 138-140...the cook on will have you exactly where you want to be. great cook!

TrickyDick

Hey all,

thanks for the tips! I read all the pork + loin threads I could find. never done one before. Thinking that I'll probably cut in half and cure one half for some Floridian bacon, and the other half I'll smoke in the MAK. Saw the stuffed loin thread, thought about that. Thought about piercing the end with a knife ans sliding a sausage link or two into the cut. I think that I'll keep it simple and do a nice maple syrup glaze with salt and red pepper flake (Thanks Cliff!). Cook as BP suggested above and should be good. Wife claims to be a pork hater and denies liking bacon. I'm hoping to turn her around with the un-cured sweet maple glazed loin.

TD

Top Bottom