First cook on MAK 1 Star #651

TentHunter

Sunday evening we fired up the new MAK for the first time to do the initial burn-in/seasoning and cook up some supper.

It'd been a long busy weekend, so something simple was in order. Of course, MAK tradition calls for bacon to be part of the first cook, and who am I to argue with tradition?
grin.gif

How about some Easy Smoky Bacon Cheeseburgers. This is my favorite way to cook burgers.

My daughter filled a couple small baking sheets with ground beef (these are mini sheets for a toaster oven - but you can use whatever size you have). She seasoned them with some Little Louie's then laid some bacon on top. Onto the MAK running about 350°.
651FC01.JPG

About 35 - 40 minutes later... almost done & time to add some cheese. Look at those burgers cooking in their own juices.
651FC02.JPG

Ready to be cut and put on some buns.
651FC03.JPG

I had mine with a bit of steak sauce - YUM!!!
651FC04.JPG

If you've never done burgers this way, you've got to try it. It so easy, they're juicy and they pick up this nice mellow smoke flavor that comes through in every bite!

Thanks. :)

jimsbarbecue

MAK First Cook

That is a different way to do those. I can imagine bacon keeps everything nice and juicy. For awhile I was wondering if that grill was ever going to be cooked on.:) What is next? Brisket?

Darwin00537

Interesting. I've not thought of doing them that way before. I can see where the lack of searing trade off could be worth the extra juicy smokeless. Thanks for sharing!

TentHunter

I have to try this. It would be quick to make as sliders for a bigger crowd...

You are right. That's exactly how we make sliders for parties, etc. I love it because you can prep them all ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to cook. And you can keep them cooking in batches.

TentHunter

For awhile I was wondering if that grill was ever going to be cooked on.:) What is next? Brisket?

I'll tell ya Jim, this whole Windows XP "End of Support" fiasco has been keeping me hopping busy on top of all the band stuff going on. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm grateful for the work & business (I sold three more computers this week alone). But I'm ready and cant wait to do some serious cooking this weekend!

I want to do a ham. Maybe some beef ribs too.

Top Bottom