Just a little of what I've smoked this week.

jdominy

1509937_10203961869387056_8540701329037172535_n-2.jpg

1016897_10203994686047452_1522810422096430386_n.jpg

I also smoked some Baby Back Ribs, lobster tail and burgers.

jdominy

Thanks. The brisket was good, but could have used a little more time. I pulled it around 185-190, should have let it go to about 205-210. It wasn't as tender as I would have liked, but it was the first time I ever smoked a brisket, used my new smoker, and I have a lot to learn. The chicken I smoked tonight, and it was perfect.

TentHunter

Yeah, Brisket flats are probably the toughest cut to get tender without drying out. I'd say even though it wasn't perfect, you did a great job with your first one. Next time try a whole packer brisket and just keep having fun with it.

The chicken looks perfect. YUM!

jdominy

Thanks! The night I went out to look for a brisket, this was the only size I could find. No local supermarkets had any, and I had to get this one from SuperTarget (of all places!)

jdominy

Smoked some St. Louis spares today. I almost thought they came out too moist, but they were actually perfect. I probably put a dash too much rub on there, but they tasted good still.
photo-1-1.jpg

jimsbarbecue

If during cooking you think you have to much rub on. Baste with Parkay in the Blue bottle. It will cause some of the rub to run off as it cooks..

jdominy

Here's a pic of the brisket I smoked. It turned out PERFECT. You could cut it with a fork. I feel like it could have used a slightly deeper smoke flavor, but, no doubt, best brisket I've ever made, and I was blown away I did it. So tender and juicy.
photo-5.jpg

Top Bottom