Last Weekends Hot Wings

MossyMO

Seasoned half the chicken wings with Buffalo Wing Brat seasoning, and spritzed with 50/50 mix of water and apple cider vinegar a few times throughout the cook. The other half of chicken wings were seasoned with Sweet & Smoky rub basted with Raspberry Chipotle sauce towards the end of the cook. Both flavors were excellent; quite a bit of flavorful heat with the Buffalo Wing Brat seasoning and just a good please all taste with the Sweet & Smokey rub/Raspberry Chipotle sauced wings!

-----

Cooking hot wings indirect with the Vortex with a chunk of hickory smoking away.

-----

Having a cold one and some hot wings served with blue cheese dressing dipping sauce.

Thanks for looking!

TrickyDick

Love wings. PBR is underrated and a good choice!
What temp did you cook at?
What texture was the skin? I've been trying to figure a way to obtain fried like texture, but without much success, though to be honest I don't often make wings because they seem like a decadent indulgence that my body can't afford as much as I would like to.
TD

MossyMO

Love wings. PBR is underrated and a good choice!
What temp did you cook at?
What texture was the skin? I've been trying to figure a way to obtain fried like texture, but without much success, though to be honest I don't often make wings because they seem like a decadent indulgence that my body can't afford as much as I would like to.
TD

400º of indirect heat, the texture was perfect for my preference... would much rather have them off the grill with a light smoke compared to frying.

fishingbouchman

I agree I like wings of the grill better just need to come up with more sauces.

Where do you get just wings? I don't care much for drumlet.

Top Bottom