Need Some Help and Feedback with my Traeger

rms827

Hi All,

I need some help and advice here. I'm new to pellet grilling and smoking. We just got a Traeger Pro 34 two weeks ago. My issue here is that the paint is burning off the interior of the unit. Specifically on the augur housing near the fire pot. Here's a pic:

413310936.jpg

Leaving out all the drama trying to deal with Traeger and the store (since it's a new grill), here's my dilemna: Traeger's area rep for dealers talked to me directly and said all their grills burn the paint off like that. He also told me I could expect the augur housing, heat baffle and drip tray to warp from the heat too.

Can anyone honestly tell me I should NOT want to return this grill at this point??

Bad enough that the dealer rep admitted the grill was junk, he insulted my intelligence and lied to me when he said that they couldn't get paint that would resist the temperatures of the grill. Google POR-15 44318 High Temp Paint Aerosol and that's disproved. That withstands 1200 degrees and comes out of a rattle can. Plenty of other examples out there of ultra high temp rattle can and powder coat paints.

Anyway, before I start raising too much hell, I'd like to get some feedback from other folks. Have you had similar issues with a Traeger or another brand? My family has used everything from off brand throw away charcoal grills to gas Char Broil and Webers, and even an old school Hibachi mini bbq back in the day. I've never seen the paint burn off of a grill before. Now I'm told I can expect it to warp too?

Top Bottom