Pellet Grill Cooking Surface

Rip

Welcome to the forum and wishing you good luck with convincing your wife, you will not regret getting a 2Star.

scooter

I can't add to anything that has been offered so far except to encourage you to buy the best and only cry once.
Welcome to PS.com!

Goosehunter51

I want to look at a MAK in person, the closest dealers to me are I Visalia, Santa Paula and Moorepark. Is any one of these dealers worth looking at?

TentHunter

I live all the way over in Ohio and can tell you from personal experience that you CANNOT find a better dealer than Big Poppa Smokers. His staff is ALWAYS friendly and on top of things!

When it comes to customer service, it's like MAK and Big Poppa Smokers were made for each other.

scooter

I don't believe BPS has a retail location/showroom for you to drive to in order to see a MAK firsthand. Best call their 800# to find out before you drive there. When you buy a MAK from BPS it will ship directly from the MAK factory to your location unless something has changed.

sptucker

Goosehunter51, have your wife call my wife for her inputs. You will get the go-ahead, and will have a 2 Star on your deck next week...

Seriously, my best grill/smoker purchase EVER, and will do everything on your list even better than you can imagine.

Tomsmccann

Definitely talk to BP. He will take care of you, and you'll be supporting this website as he pays for the bandwidth, hosting, etc. As for seeing one, you could put up a post asking if any MAK owners in Bakersfield will have you over to see theirs.

Ducaticraig

I love my Yoder. Had a mak 2 star and liked it also. Both are great and you can't go wrong with either.

Mak controller is better than the Yoder but there's nothing wrong with the Yoders

[I.MG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160104/79c4174351094310b2cf19e51fe72846.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Goosehunter51

I love my Yoder. Had a mak 2 star and liked it also. Both are great and you can't go wrong with either.

Mak controller is better than the Yoder but there's nothing wrong with the Yoders

[I.MG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160104/79c4174351094310b2cf19e51fe72846.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just noticed that you love your Yoder, but only liked your MAK. If you were in my shoes which would you choose?

Quadman750

I don't have either but researched most pellet grills & found the least amount of problems with MAK. I think they are a superior grill & their customers seem to be very happy with them. If there was a dealer in Canada where I am I would definitely buy one. Our dollar is too bad right now to order one.

Goosehunter51

Update, I was lost for a while. I really got caught up in researching pellet grills. Hard to believe there are so many. Almost settled for a FEC 100, then a Yoder, and then and then and then. I am back, no more research, no more no more no more. MAK is it, no changing my mind. Should have listened only to the great advice I received here. My wife is now on board, so sometime this year I will be getting my 2 Star. I already have it in my shopping cart at Big Poppas.

Top Bottom