Pellet smoked Pastrami

KyNola

MrsKyNola mixed up the pastrami rub yesterday and trimmed the 3 corned beef briskets and applied the rub to them. They are resting comfortable in the frig until Saturday or Sunday when they will meet the MAK 2 Star full of hickory.

I am SO keeping that woman.

Pokey

Squirt (or do you prefer cat?),

Well, Brooklyn and Queens (where Bayside is) are like different countries. I'm certain you don't have to leave Brooklyn to get great pastrami, but I wouldn't know where to tell you to go. Katz’s Delicatessen (205 E Houston St at Ludlow) in Manhattan has great deli meat. Buddys is at 215-01 73rd Ave. zip 11364. You can Mapquest it, but it would be a haul from Brooklyn. Like Big Poppa says, NYC is a mecca for this kind of thing.

Pokey

squirtthecat

Thanks Pokey. I go by STC as well. (or just 'Pat')

Katz's is on my list for sure. There is a place near our rental in Brooklyn that specializes in "Montreal Smoked Meat". Kinda like pastrami, minus the coriander and other spices. I'm going to saunter over and check it out.

Diamonddave2

Corned beef round vs. brisket

Hi,
I just picked up a corned beef round at Costco to make Pastrami out of, as they didn't have any briskets. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom